document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, December 12, 2022

A DAY LATE--BUT--

I guess one day late--is better than 2 days late--right????(lol)

I spent most of last week collecting gifts for 4  boxes that I needed to mail out--and I spent all day Sunday writing out Christmas cards in the morning and then all afternoon wrapping gifts and getting them boxed up and ready to take to the post office-- Which I was a good girl and did get them over there first thing this morning--yea!!! (oh on a side note here--those 4 packages cost me $77.00 to mail--ouch!!)

One of the projects last week was finishing up these, mostly, counted cross stitching projects--

Two of these ended up being gifts--

and this one-

was also a gift for my sister June--

and I also got the cake board wrapped in fabric finishes, on the backs of these 3 for me--




The first one was a gift about 4-5 years ago from a blog friend--I did the embroidered one of the tree lot and then this last one of the Cranberry lodge!!!

And I took some photos of where I am at with some hand work projects--


Last night I did get the 'gifts' block finished so I am all caught up on these one til Joy gives us the next block--



And I am working on these two embroidery pieces here and there!!! And I this afternoon I did get this month's bird block finished --photo next post!!

And in knitting I worked on making some soap bags for gifts--

These all got sent out today in the gift boxes!!!

And here is how I have displayed my Christmas pillows--



This is a little padded stool that Frannie gave me when I moved in here --so I just opened the lid and put some of my cross stitch pillows in it--some of these were gifts, some I made--



And here is how I have the rest of them displayed--again some were gifts --but I did make alot of them myself, too!!!

And all I can say is--I don't think I will be bored for the next 12 days to Christmas--lots of events and things I want to do --like bake some Christmas cookies--and as our weather here is suppose to get -really cold after  Thursday--like the day time temps will only be low 60's--that's like 30-40 degree temps for us Floridians--it will be good baking weather--so let's get the oven heat'n up!!!!!

Take care--be safe and don't forget to rest and put those feet up and watch some Christmas movies!!!

Hugs, di









6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Please remember to take some time for yourself this week and just 'breathe'
hugs, di

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

1 day late is ALWAYS better than 2 days late (or 2 weeks late in my case sometimes). LOL Christmas tasks always take up so much time...but are so worth it! You've got some delightful little finishes that you made last week. Enjoy all your extra holiday activities, and I hope you get a little stitching time in. Happy stitching! -Andrea

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The drinking buddies are pretty cute! lol Love all of your handmade pretties. They make the best decorations to enjoy for the holidays. Sweet hugs, Diane

Kate said...

You made some very pretty gifts for your family. Enjoy your baking and stitching this week.

Kira Roza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

So many beautiful projects.
Hope you enjoyed your baking.