document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 18, 2022

JUST A COUPLE MORE DAYS NOW--

 and it will be time to be a 'givin and a gettin'--all good and lovely gifts is the hope--and great time spent with family and friends!!!

But in the meantime--some of us are still stitching and knitting--and hopefully doing some baking and gift wrapping!!!!

Let's see--what did get worked on this past week--

I did get this months Bird block finished in applique--


I waited all year to do a block with Cardinals in it--my cardinals are done in wool--

I got a couple embroidery pieces finished--

a mitten block--that really has no idea what it wants to become???


and one snowman block done in all blue, and a second one started for this set--

looks like alot of stitching to be done on this one--

and--


and this one by Joy--am having problems with what color to stitch the dashes in--this gold or a red????

and a baby sweater was finished yesterday--



Now for an 'odd-funny--what' kind of story--

remember I live in a Senior apartment building--and this year when we signed up for the free Thanksgiving dinner from the Salvation Army--they also asked us to sign up for a gift bags--well--usually when someone/organization does this they bring them to our doors or give a time for us to go downstairs and pick them up--but it seems they just showed up last week down in the lobby and handed out a few to some that walked though the lobby--and I mean  a 'few' and left--So our social worker got in touch in with them and they said they didn't give gifts to seniors!!!!  Yesterday they scheduled a time to come and sing carols and do a devotion--so I went down--4 people from the Salvation showed up--2 were young girls--but it was a nice time--and then 2 other ladies popped in with gift bags for those of us who were there--


this was the bag I got--now here is the really really interesting part--and that is what was in the bag--can anyone guess????

There was this quilt in the bag--

a very large quilt--that had been long armed quilted even--nice tag on the back-

and here is the back of it--do you see those dragonflies--you know how I love dragonflies--

Out of 30 other women in that dinning room-I get the quilt--I already have so many quilts--yet--I do feel that I got this one for a reason--can't really explain it--but the feeling is there--just don't know what the feeling is all about???????

here is the other things that were in the bag-






the mugs are very heavy and not me--so will be re-donating them along with the dog days color book--I will keep the dot to dot book--that looks like it might be fun and interesting!!

And once they gave out these gift bags they were out the door like they were on 'fire'--so alot of tenants here still did not get a gift bag--hum???????  We also had a big box downstairs for over a month that we collected can goods  for them and we filled it  a couple times for them--so they got alot of canned good and food stuff from us--maybe too much so they decided we didn't need or deserve a gift basket--I am not complaining--just wondering why they did what they did and the way they did it???????

Ok time to go wrap some gifts for the staff members for here and time for some ice cream--the 'chili' I had for lunch from downstairs needs something, so I can stop 'tasting' it all afternoon!!!

Please remember to take time to enjoy everything and everyone around you this week--stitching can wait until after Christmas if need be--

Blessings and hugs to all--di








4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you got the quilt. I know you will treasure it! Enjoy the holiday week ahead!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

a very happy holiday week to everyone-hugs, di

ButterZ said...

How lucky are you to get a quilt for your gift. I think you will love it even more because you didn’t make it.
Merry Christmas to you.

Kate said...

What a cool quilt! Seems it was just meant to be yours. I love your cardinals bird block, it's very pretty. Enjoy the rest of the holiday. Hope you get more happy surprises during the holiday.