document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 15, 2023

I ENDED WITH A SURPRISE

 It seems I have started out 2023 in the 'ill' category!!!  I know this sounds 'silly' but this is my 4th New Years here and the 3rd one I have been sick on New Year's day-(I don't believe I was ill 2022!!) But this time I can't seem to get better and then learned on Thursday it's cause I have pneumonia--What??? not me--where and how did this happen???

So to make a short story --short--I sure haven't gotten much done so far this year--

I did get this cross stitching finished --but now need to the finishing on it--

and I am working on a new counted cross stitch piece!!

And I did get this piece embroidered--


And I have gotten another baby sweater knitted and nearly have another one at the end--

But I just haven't felt well enough to do much of anything--!!

Now --do you remember this little booklet???

I have written in nearly every day since 2018--

I have used it to record how many days and hours I have done some kind of stitching with needle and thread--and I used up the last page on Dec 31, 2022--

 here is summary-

2018-- 259 hours was recorded--but lots of '0' days I also moved back to New York from Florida and ended up with the really bad case of Shingles that lasted for months--

2019--637 hours--and 19 days of "0" stitching--but remember I also moved back to Florida--

2020--1508 hours and only 2 '0' days

2021--1650 hours and just 5 '0' days

2022--1719 hours and just 3 '0' days!!!

and we won't even talk about the first 15 days of 2023!!!!

I do miss this little notebook--it was a part of me for along time each morning recording the days before, time of stitching--

Well--I do hear of alot of folks all over are ill with one thing or another so far this year--

SO MY HOPE AND PRAYER FOR EVERYONE IS TO GET BETTER AND HEALTHY --WE NEED TO KEEP THOSE NEEDLES 'FLYIN'!!!

HUGS, DI 





  

7 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Just know that I am thinking of you and hoping for a great 2023--for you!

Kate said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I'm finally getting over the case of Covid I caught right after the new year. Hopefully they've got you on medication to clear up the pneumonia so you can get back to your stitching. Both projects you've managed to finish up are really cute. Take care, feel better soon.

CathieJ said...

I am sorry that you have been sick. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Your cross-stitch and embroidery are very pretty. Perhaps you should get yourself another little book to record your thoughts and stitching.

Raewyn said...

Oh no! Hope you are coming right and will be back to health soon. The stitcing you have managed is very cute. Happy 2023 (I hope the rest of the year is better!)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh no Di! I hope you stay well rested and get better soon - sending you warm hugs and prayers xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick. It takes so long to recover from something so serious. Take care and rest as much as you can. I'm praying you are feeling better each day. Hugs, Diane

Maria said...

Do hope you’re feeling better and have a much better 2023.