document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 12, 2023

I ACTUALLY WAS --LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK!!

 Well--not  a haystack-but at lots of Quilt Companies--on line--20 different ones and I was looking for 'quilting needles'--I have always used Roxanne's Betweens in size 11--last week I thought I found them from one company and ordered them--but this week they sent me an email--that they didn't have them in stock--and did suggest another brand--but it was a brand that I had never heard of--so I cancelled that order and began my hunt--now what was very surprising here is--only 3 companies out of all these top named companies that special in quilting and quilting supplies even had some needles other than machine needles--But I just kept hunting and then did find Fat Quarter shop had a really nice selection--not the ones I wanted--but some names and different sizes I am familiar with==so I ordered some different hand quilting needles--some new applique needles and even some new embroidery needles--!!!!

I only got hand work done this  week--spent part of the week outside and the rest of the time cleaning and reorganizing--first I did my quilts-I have had my quilts folded up and stuffed in a stand beside my bed and I decided I wanted them out more and so cleaned off the steel shelving and nicely folded them and layered them on shelving (then that night I remembered the holiday quilts up in the top of the closet--so the next day down they came and are on the bottom shelf--


the very bottom shelf holds my big tote of buttons, 2 small cases of beads and my cordless iron!!

now I can pick and choose a quilt when I want one for decorating--or just remember them as I get in and out of the closet beside the stand--it was fun seeing some of them again!! oh the memories with some!!

Then the last 2 days I have been just doing some general decorating around the apartment--

my china collection is back out now--this one is without the candles being lite--

This one shows them lit--I read on a decorating site that she gets these LED candles that you can recharge and uses them--so of course I had to check them out---as this cabinet is so pretty--but so dark--I ordered some and the '6' that came are all short ones-but gave me something to play with and I really love them--so did order another set--of taller ones--( I got mine from Amazon)

Here is what I did with my air ferns--

and here is my last 2 treasures I got at the little thrift shop downtown-


and here is how I decorated with the pink rose dish-

it holds all my little china pieces--and the top of this cabinet has my tea cups on it--

I put the silver trays behind them to show them off better-need to pick up some new ones at the Dollar Tree next week--so both are same size!!!

And Look at this--

I put this stand beside my rocker and loaded it up with all my projects and the bottom shelf hold all my embroidery boxes and the top shelf is 'stuff' I had beside my chair on this lamp stand ( oh the yarn is in the rocker cause I need to roll into balls later!!)
and it has one of the little candle 'lit' in it!!

And this happened this morning--
Fresh baked blueberry muffins--

OH did I work on any sewing--you know I did--
I am keeping up with the February stitch along from Crabapple studios-
This project is always an enjoyment to work on--even when it takes me forever to figure out a stitch!!!


And this is a monthly series from Melissa's site this year--I started late so started with February block first--am doing mine in shades of pink!!!! but with some green for leaves if there is flowers in the pot--

and I am keeping up with Joy's Winter embroidery--

we did the branch with the berries  this week--wonder if she will do a spring one??

and I have worked steady in the evenings on 2 hand quilting projects-
the snowmen table runner--

and now I can say that I finished the whole middle section of the Orchid quilt--

And yes there is dragon flies hand quilted on it--!!!

What I didn't get really decorated was the Valentine things--but at least they are out--



I think that's all for this Sunday-blog readers--I love all your comments and I hope you all have a wonderful week--
Hugs, di

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY--




6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Are you doing anything special this week???

Michele McLaughlin said...

I really enjoyed this post! Loved seeing how you decorate and your slow stitch piece is lovely! Have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I worked on a Valentines day journal and cut out images of old Valentines. I enjoyed that but didn't decorate. Love your shelves with so many beautiful handmade things! If I come to visit you....check my pockets when I leave! hahahaha! Happy Valentines day! I wonder if I will get a card....hmmmmm! Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just got a surprise in the 'mail'! But I hope you saved me a muffin too! I sound greedy now! hahahaha! Lots of heart hugs, Diane

Kate said...

You've been busy. Love your china display! All your hand stitching projects are lovely. Hopefully you've had a good stitching week this week.

Maria said...

You've been busy with the decorating and working on your lovely projects.