document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 19, 2023

A BIG ADVENTURE AND FINISHES

 First let me show you the finishes--


The snowman runner is all done--just have to wait until next Dec or Jan to be used!!!

and I got all the embroidery done on Joy's Winter sampler--


I have now done her Fall, Merry Christmas and this Winter one--wonder if she will do a Spring, Easter, and Summer ones???

And the little February flower pot got finished--

And January's is started--

And here is an update on where I am on some other on going projects--
Here is my pink block for February in the new heart series--


Here is January's blue block and February's pink block--
also here is the pink and blue block on the other 
project I am working on--


And here is where I am on the counted cross stitch teacup piece--


lots of color changes on this bottom teacup!!!!

And here is the progress on the daily stitch along by Crabapple hill-


And here is one gift I bought myself for Valentines Day--

A flowering one--wonder how long I can keep it alive and blooming?????
Also my favorite ice cream was on sale--soooo--it's called "chocolate truffle mocha"" YUM!!! and you can guess that a pint of it followed me home!!

NOW-for the big adventure--that was yesterday, Saturday--my Son and DIL picked me up around 11:30 and we ventured off to go to the Strawberry Festival at  Wickham Park in Melbourne, FL--and boy was it an adventure--long car lines to get in to park--but we were really lucky and got into the parking lot right next to the entrance/exit--only --to actually get into the grounds we had to walk well over a 1/4 mile to the end of the line that snaked it's way to the entrance--there was only one entrance for hundreds and hundreds of people to pay to get in--It was only $6 admission though!!!  
This is just  part of the long line--the other photos below are just ones I took while in line for something to do!!



It was hard to take any photos--as there was soooo many people, dogs and kids--there might have even been more dogs than kids!!!!!


Notice the 'sexy' sunglasses on the dog????


Here the display tents had a bigger walk way between them--but the main part of the tents there was only about '4' people width !!!  at the end of this first set of tents was the area for the food van's--
and among them was the big ice cream van where you could go up on top and eat--
 

We did get a bite to eat--but not the ice cream--and the lines had about 10-15 in them and there was probably 12-15 vans there--coming back out to leave--the lines had 20 plus in each one!!
(Oh and the lady there is playing with her daughters hair!!)
and that line to get into the park--was still steady and still as long as when we got there and we were there a couple hours--and yes we did buy some strawberries on the way out of the festival!!

And there was even a antique car show--

I have lived in Florida for more that 12 years-- in the 3 times I have been here-- and this is my first Strawberry Festival--they are very popular down here--it was fun--but way too many people for me!!!

That's all for this week--gotta go--time for the NASCAR race to start and some stitching is calling my name!!!

Have a great week and do something new and different and fun this week--
hugs, di





4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Are you going to start any new projects this week--???? hugs, di

Deb A said...

How fun! I have done the one in Plant City years ago with my parents. I did the one here about 5 years ago. My new thing was finally attending the Greek Festival that I have been wondering about for the last 4 years! So much yummy food! All of your projects are looking great. Love those hearts. Enjoy the race.

Maria said...

Fabulous day out at the festival….
Lovely Snowman table runner.
Great work on your other cute projects and RSC blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun things going on at your place! I enjoyed seeing the different designs you're stitching, and the pink and blue heart blocks are wonderful! The strawberry sounds like a fun festival - freshly picked strawberries are the best!