document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 26, 2023

THRIFTING AND STITCHING

I was able to be with a dear friend on Tuesday of  this week and we did what we love to do--

go to Thrift shops--2 of them --with a stop at McDonalds and lunch at a picnic table at the Beach!! 

A great sunshine--fun--filled day--

At the first thrift store (which is a children's charity store) I purchased these--


Right as I entered the shop--I spotted this lavender cup and saucer--$4

You wouldn't believe how fast this little set ended up in my hands!!!  ( put silver trays from the Dollar Tree behind a couple cups and saucer sets when I did my decorating--I have had them a very long time--but the Dollar Tree still carry's them--so these have been replaced with new ones that do not have 'spots' on them--
I also picked up these treasures there--



a milk white pitcher--and adorable bunny--who asked me to give her a new home where she will be loved and cared for--so how could I say 'no' to that!!!  And a new mug for my hot green tea in the afternoon that is not super heavy--love it!!

Here is the other side of the mug!!

Carolyn and I alwayshave to go to McDonalds on our runs--she loves their sweet tea, with no ice, and French Fries--I enjoy their very  cold with lots of ice unsweet tea and the fish sandwich--we did take this to a park on the beach and sat and ate and visited for awhile--the Beach was just beautiful and not busy till we were leaving--

then we stopped at a second larger thrift store over on the Beach side--and these treasures came home with me--


That white platter with the blue flowers was only $2--and the beads are a lighter pink than what they show here and are for decorating--and how about these 2 older linens--no stains or holes!!

Now for an update on where I am on some stitching projects--
I spent some time designing and looking at photos of tulip quilts and this is what I came up with--(though since I believe I have seen a block very similar to this one--so hope I haven't done a boo-boo--and come too close to someone else's work--???--I really did do the whole pattern and size on my own!


These are my 2 practice blocks--my plan was to do a couple each month for the color of the month--but then I decided I wanted something only in pinks and reds--so here is some more I got appliqued this past week--

And here is where I am on the Crabapple Embroidery project for February--


We still have the '3' squares on the bottom row to do--and I got the instructions for the one square earlier today and will do that when I get off here--then we still have the bottle with message in it, the big clock and the words 'time to stitch' so we will still be working on this one into March!!

And here is where I am on the Counted cross tea cups--

that rose bud there on the right side gave me a headache--had to redo it a couple times-so that slowed me down some this week. 
 
 And  I have spent the last 2 mornings coloring in the 4th truck in my embroidery series of trucks--photo next week--

I have also continued each day to work on the hand quilting on the large 'Orchid' quilt top--it is coming along--but slowly as there is alot of work on it--

and I did get another Baby sweater knitted and another one started for my knitting work time!!

So have any of you been thrifting lately or on a special adventure--tell me about it!!
hugs, di



6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Can you believe we have already gone through '2' months of 2023!!!
have an adventure fun filled week--blessings, di

Maria said...

You’ve picked up some lovely treasures at the thrift stores.
So nice to have enjoyed an outing with your friend .
Pretty tulips 🌷 and the Crabapple stitching is nearly done,
I really like your tea cups.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thanks for stopping my corner of the world. Goodness you are busy working on so many lovely projects. And great scores at the thrift stores. I have a beach very close by but don't ever really go there. Often there is trash which I hate to see -- because if I see it, then I gotta clean it up. While the weather is still nice, I do need to make my way there at least a few times, I guess. Take care and have a good rest of the week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such wonderful treasures that you discovered while thrifting, Di. I love the tea cup with the butterfly and what an adorable bunny.Your tulip blocks are amazing.

Roulette Gambler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Very fun thrift finds! I really like your lavender cup and saucer. those tulip blocks are gorgeous. Sticking with red and pink is going to make a very vibrant quilt. Hope you made good progress this week on all your stitching projects.