document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 5, 2023

WEATHER IS ---WHAT???

 I have come to believe that the reason the weather is sooo very weird the last year or two is---It gives us all something to 'talk' about besides--all the other 'crazy and sad ' things that are happening around the world!!!!

Here on the East coast of Florida--we need rain--and had at least '2' days this past week that was 90 degrees--the only saving grace was there was no humidity with it--in fact one day it was quite windy--and that is the day my friend and I decided to try out a new cafe that just opened--and we did sit outside--


Other, than, a much needed shopping trip to Walmart for some basic things--I stitched all week--

and the only 'fun' item I brought home (other than the basics like printer paper and such) was these two beautiful pansy plants--



And they were less than $2 a pot--I haven't been able to get any in a couple years--so I was a happy camper!!!

I did get the embroidery finished on the Crabapple stitch a long--


I still have a bit to do--in the center of 2-3 of the squares--want to stitch a button there or???  then it will be time to add an outer border and hand quilt it some--again this was a fun project to work on--Thanks Meg--

And--thanks to Facebook--and probably another blog site--I found a new 'heart' of the week stitch along for Fridays--for a whole 52 weeks--I was 2 weeks behind--but got those done and even have Fridays done up--DELANDER:BLOKIEVANMUNHEAT

the first one is a singe large heart--and I found just the right fabric collection for this set--Flower Market by Danhui Nat for Wilmington prints--I have had this set for awhile now-- I used it in the first 2 blocks-


and I also used the prints in the second on--


But I decided I wanted a bird in the 3rd one--


so did find this print that has the colors that will go with the other prints--These are quick and fun to do and I get to do 2 things I love--applique and embroidery!!!

And I have all '3' squares done up of Melissa's monthly stitch along--



Remember I am using only green and pinks on these!!!

I did start my heart block, in green for March's color--


the rest of this block is laying in pieces on the cutting table--

I only got 2 tulip blocks done this week--but as this is my own project there is no deadline--



I also did get some more counted cross stitching done on the teacup and saucer sampler--but forgot to take a photo--sorry!!


And I am so excited cause this came in the mail this week--

My Roxanne needles for hand quilting-- I had a very hard time finding this size--and found them on a Cross stitching site--I did try 2 other brands of #11 betweens--but did not like them--though I did like the new brands of embroidery and applique needles--soooo!!!!!  There's ''50' tiny needles in that tube--that should last me awhile!!!  And my hand quilting project on the Orchid quilt is coming right along--

OK--think this about does it for this week--unless you want me to talk about the housework I did this week--and I really don't think you want me to do that!!!!!!!lol

STAY SAFE AND KEEP JUMPING DOWN THOSE 'SQUIRREL' HOLES!!!
HUGS, DI



5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Why not try a new place to eat this week--or do take out--then tell me about it--!!

Deb A said...

I got some Roxanne needles in the mail this week too! Love how your hearts are looking. We have been missing the rain where we are as well. Things are starting to get crunchy.

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Di. I really like the heart blocks, especially the one with the bird and embroidery.

Kate said...

Your new heart block project is gorgeous, you found some great fabrics for those. Hopefully you'll see some rain soon. We are dry here too, they are saying we may have to start rationing water.

Maria said...

Hope you get some rain soon…
Lovely heart blocks Di.