document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 12, 2023

WORKS IN PROGRESS+A FUN DAY!

 So which do you want to hear about first--the update on projects or my fun day out???

Ok--Let's talk stitching first as that is the main focus for this blog site--

I did get my 'green' blocks done for the month of March--

first up is the heart block --


I chose the word 'trust' for this month--in the fact alot of you are are trusting that Spring really is on it's way--even though it has finally decided to snow in alot of areas--!!!!



And this month 2 sections of green strips--???

And I got this Friday's heart block done--


This weeks was the live, laugh, and love heart block--

And I got the Frosty embroidered Snowmen blocks we did last year into a top-

I do plan to add one outer border all the way around yet--

And more tulip blocks were appliqued--
here is all of the ones I have done so far--


Plus 2 more I appliqued since I took this photo--

So I have a total of 16 blocks done so far--

And just so you know that I am working on my Counted Crossing project--here is an updated photo--

Slowly--but surely this one is getting 'created'!!!

And more hand quilting was done on the Orchid quilt--plus another baby sweater was knitted and added to the bag to get buttons and mailed --

Ok now on to the adventure--My son and daughter in law--took me to the Brevard Zoo yesterday--
It was the perfect day to go--only mid 70's with a little breeze and though I was afraid the Zoo would be crowded as Spring breaks have started--it was not--though it was busy--some things have changed in the 2 years since I was there last--all good changes--more table and chair areas have been set up and more flowering plants have been added--even this beautiful Orchid display in one of the loops--
 

And inside one of the areas by a cage I found this wild Orchid blooming--


and how do you like this flowering tree--



And yes of course there was lots of animals to watch and take photos of--though it is hard to take photos as they are in cages and you have the cage wire !!!

Here's one of my 'buddy's'!!
And another--kitty cat!!

We had fun watching these guys--there's one in the water and boy was that one having fun throwing a toy up in the air and swimming to get it--

The other one is up on the dock and having a ball rubbing itself and flipping over--also in this tank was this 'little' fish--

That's my son's hand--he is trying to play and talk to this 'little' fishy!!

We even ate lunch there this time--first time I have eaten lunch there in all the times I have went--!

And of course my favorite area--the giraffe's!!

 
And the son even bought us lettuce to feed to them--
Sarah with Dan taking her picture--and I also feed them--but they took my photo on their camera!!

Have lots more photos--took about 244 photos--so I won't bore you with them all today!!!!  Isn't that nice of me??
Well time for me to go--nearly time for the race to start-----

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK AND DON'T FORGET TO BE A BIT IRISH ON FRIDAY!!!
HUGS, DI






5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh--when do you want to see more Zoo photos???
just silly me--

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are going to show MORE photos of the zoo I hope. I haven't been to a zoo in years. We always loved the giraffes SO much! What a fun thing to do and of course I like your sewing projects. The Spring designs are very pretty! YES....More zoo photos please!!!

Maria said...

Well done on making your green RSC blocks..
Sweet cups and finish.
What a great day out at the Zoo with your son and DIL.

Kate said...

What a fun day out. I almost went to the zoo on Friday, but I found the nature center I was looking for, so walked there instead. Love your heart blocks, those are such fun. Hope you have a great week.

sunny said...

Thanks for the info about the Heart project! And I absolutely LOVE your tulip garden!!! Giraffes are my favorite to I'm glad you got to take so many photos.