document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, April 22, 2023

A DAY EARLY--THIS WEEK--

 I am doing my post on Saturday this week --instead of my usual Sunday post--cause--



the Daughter is still in town and we have family plans for all day tomorrow!!!

I am happy to say--I did get all --well--do we really get 'all' the cleaning done when we clean???  As I was saying--I did get all the spring cleaning done--and  I found me a mop I am in love with--more on that later--

Here is one project I have wanted to 'fix' better for a very long time--


Hope you can tell it is the front part of a bicycle--I had just put a couple things in it when I got it a couple years ago--always intending to take it down and put a flower arrangement in it--and I did that yesterday!!!!

I did not get alot done in stitchy things this week--but I did get his week's heart block done--


I need to add a button or charm to the center of the little patch--will have my button boxes out next week as I have a bunch of baby sweaters done and needed to add the buttons on them and mail them out the first of the month--


And I did get more tulip blocks appliqued--




I am working on the last '6' now--then I will have 65 blocks done and it's time to start sewing them together to see what I have????

And I did get 'alittle' cross stitching done on the new Spring piece--But I am way behind--but hopefully I will get here--we have all '9' blocks now--


Now for a couple 'adventures' with the daughter--On Wednesday we went out for a late breakfast for her and a lunch for me--We went to the new place--First Watch--and this time we ate outside and it was lovely out --and great food-- and service and --not crowded!!!  Then she took me a few miles further south to an eye glass business where I could get my new glasses ordered with my insurance coverage--and hopefully they will be in by Tuesday so we can go back and pick them up--then we did some shopping at Walmart--she had forgotten a couple things--

On Thursday--we were off to the Zoo bright and early--well--they don't open til 9:30am so guess it wasn't all that early!!!!

And after a couple hours there she stopped at a quilt shop for me--Quilts and Lace and these '3' pieces of fabric wanted me to bring them home--



 Don't you just  love these????

Then we drove from there to the beach side and went and had lunch here--



They only have outside eating--


you go in this little building to order--there is always a line here--!!!

So I will show you some more Zoo photos--cause we did do something different on this trip--we rode the new train--



The train ride is $4--now--but the train is larger --but what a tall step up into it--I could of used a little stool--but I made it in and out and didn't fall!!!--was a fun little ride--and we got to see some animals that you can only see now going by train--




and the guy driving the train--gives you lots of information on the animals--the ride takes a whole 15 minutes!!!

THERE'S ONE MORE WEEK LEFT IN APRIL-- OR SO--ARE YOU GETTING ALL YOUR APRIL GOALS AND TO DO LIST FINISHED?????  THINKING OF EACH OF YOU--YEP--EVEN THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER LEFT ME A COMMENT--YET READ THIS BLOG EACH WEEK--HUGS, DI





4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

The first photo of my daughter was taken at the Zoo--

Kate said...

Sounds like you've had a fun and busy visit with your daughter. Your heart block is really pretty, love that fabric. Looking forward to you putting the tulip blocks together, that's going to be one colorful quilt.

Anonymous said...

Ok I will leave u a comment finally. I enjoy your blog post every Sunday to see what you are working on. Have fun with your daughter there, Kathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you didn't have any damage in the storm last night. We had a downpour but it soaked in and we needed it. Was scary with the lightning and thunder though! Take care!!!