document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, April 30, 2023

BACK TO OUR REGULARITY SCHELUDED PROGRAM--

 Regularity --Routines--I believe we all have them for the most part--until something comes along and throws a 'monkey wrench' into our lives and we have to adjust--our normal routine to do the new thing or to get though something different--But isn't that great--otherwise out lives might become really --dull--!!!

I did make it though the 'Spring cleaning" barely--still have a couple small cupboards that need some sorting and rearranging--I will get to it one of these days!!!

And then there was the 9 day visit of the oldest girl child from Illinois--We mainly shopped or went out to eat--except the day we went to the Zoo--

As a result--I did not get alot of stitching done--but here is what I did finish or work on--

I kept up with the Spring embroidery piece by Joy's site--


And I did get this week's heart block stitched up--


I ended up having to re-applique the 4 bigger blue hearts a second time--didn't like the first try in the spacing of them!!! I may add a button in the center after the quilt is quilted???

And I did get alittle cross stitching done on the Spring piece--

Even got the bee's and all the butterflies in this morning--I just have '6' more blocks on this one to do--ouch--want to get back to the teacup one and do the back stitching on it--yet--this one just keeps 'shouting' the loudest each morning!!!

And I know you are tired of seeing these tulip blocks--but here it the last ones --at least for now--

next is to lay them out and sew them together!!!!

And this afternoon I did start a new applique project--more on that next week!!!

Here is a couple items I bought while out shopping this past week-

A pretty fish to go on top of the new coral I got--but I got the fish so this 'crab' wouldn't feel alone that is on the other side of the sink--


I bought this Crab the last time that Frannie and I went shopping at Bealls before she  passed away--and I know that Frannie was shaking her head when I bought it--but it just always makes me smile when I  walk into the bathroom and isn't that what life is all about--being 'happy and smiling at the little things!!'  The new fish also came from Beall's!!

And here is 2 new plates for the summer eating--


I always eat on real china plates--even when I go down to the dinning room and bring my lunch up in a Styrofoam box--or one of my containers--it goes on a china plate to eat it--one is for lunch time and one is for supper time and I have a smaller one for breakfast--I have special plates for Fall, Christmas, Winter, and spring eating--now I have some for summer time!!!  I know I am a bit 'silly'--but then someone has to be!!!

I also got new sandals, sneakers, and clothes--so am all set for summer wear now--!!  And we only took a couple photos the whole time daughter was here--none of us are big selfie photo taking folks--though we all do have cell phone cameras!!!


This one is at Squid Lips restaurant in Melbourne and we are  celebrating Dawn's birthday-then we went to Friendly's over on the beach side for ice cream sundae's--

And here is one more photo of a summer arrangement I did--



WELL--THAT'S IT FOR ANOTHER SUNDAY POST--WANDER WHAT THIS WEEK HOLDS?? IT JUST MIGHT BE A BIG WEEK FOR ME--AS I WILL BE TURNING  ?????

HUGS, DI



5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Anyone starting a new project this week?????

Deb A said...

Happy Early Birthday! I hope the weather is a lot better for you this week. I think all the storms should be over for a bit. My new project was for the table scrap challenge I did the end of this week - tried my hand at yo-yo's. I love that you eat on china plates! It just makes your meals special.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy early birthday, Di! This post was filled with so much cuteness. You have been very busy. I love the floss colors that you chose for Joy's SAL - so cheerful and it is so exciting to see your progress on the Spring Stamps.Thank you so much for stitching along. Your stitch is so beautiful!!! Gorgeous plates too. Eating on seasonal plates is a wonderful idea. I may have to splurge on me some new plates. Have a great week.

Kate said...

Your Heart and Tulips blocks are so cute! Both sets are going to make fun quilts. Glad you've had a chance to catch your breath and get back to stitching. Sometimes a disruption of the routine is a good thing, gets us out and about, then it feels so good to get back to the routine. Have a great week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend. I hope you'll send yourself one of those beautiful cards that you always send me. And have a fabulous week. I should eat off of pretty plates too....I'll have to think about that!