document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 7, 2023

A LITTLE AT A TIME--

 And many of you guessed that I was talking about another Birthday--For me it was a big one--I am now 75 years young--and I can't get over the fact that I am 2 years older than my parents were when they died--my Mom was 73 and 1 week and my Dad died a couple years later at 73 and 3 months--!!!  Where oh Where have the past 75 years went--when and how did I get to this age????

I got a nice package early in week from Anne in NY--so--now that I am 75--I am no longer as 'patient' as I used to be, I guess--cause I decided to open 2 gifts she sent me each day--and really that was alot of fun each day and it made the whole week special--

She always sends me a variety of things-I even got a yellow kitty there in the upper left hand area--I told her that I often dream of kittens and of a orange cat--now to name my kitty--!!!

I also got lots of birthday cards--(one had pansies on it and another one had 2 humming birds on it-)!!!

I also got this package in the mail about mid week--

And it is from my friend Michelle--


and inside was some of her designs and some new threads to stitch them with--oh--boy am I gonna have fun and gonna be busy for awhile!!!!  I won't have to worry about what I am going to stitch on 'slow stitching Sunday' will I---or Monday or Tuesday or ???????

I also bought myself a couple gifts--

When I was in the grocery store this week--I turned one corner and something made me look up--and I seen this--



mug--front and back--it took no time for it to jump into my cart--it is big--my afternoon tea only fills the cup half way--but that's ok--it still tastes super good being in this mug!!!

I had also spent alot of time looking at these '2' books--


And as  Anne had also sent me a check--I decided it was time to  order them--

I finally broke down and ordered them--From Kathy's site even--and a couple yards of trim for some counted cross stitching projects--the thing that upset me a 'little' bit was--the book Tiny Treasures --she was out of actual book--but I could use my paper and printer ink to down load and print out the whole book for the same price as if I had actually received the book--But I now have them both--so between this purchase and my birthday gift--it looks like I better live for a few more years to get everything stitched up--and we won't even talk about all the quilts I need to finish and want to make!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here is this past Friday's heart block--all appliqued and embroidered--I still am enjoying getting these weekly hearts to do--


And May's monthly block got stitched up this week--and it may look red on bird and strawberries, but it is a really dark shade of pink--this was a fun little piece to do---

And I nearly have block #5 done in the counted cross stitching by Melissa on her spring piece--which means I did get #4 block done too--just no photo this week!!

And last week I told you I was starting a new applique project--well--


Tea cups--that I got the pattern run off that goes with another series I haven't started yet--but you know me and tea cups--but have decided to just do these 4 and make these into a small wall hanging--!!!


Yesterday for my actual birthday--my friend Cheryl and I went to a seafood Rest--called Shells and I got some delicious fresh Haddock with yellow rice and applesauce--and brought home half the fish and rice for a 2nd meal!!

For my supper, I walked one building over to Mister 01, pizza place and got me a cheese pizza !! and came back and watched a truck race--oh did I tell you that NASCAR is celebrating it's '75th' year  of racing tooooo!!!!!!

EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK--CELEBRATE SOMETHING AND THEN LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DID--

HUGS, DI 



5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

My post is done--now for some dark chocolate!!!

Arish said...

Muchas felicidadesssss 75 años son importantes y disfruta mucho de tus regalos. BESICOS.

Raewyn said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Di. It sounds like you have had a fabulous time and were thoroughly spoilt. What a lovely bunch of goodies you received, and bought yourself. Lovely to spend time with friends, and your celebratory food sounds delicious too! Happy stitching ♥

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy happy birthday , Di. It sounds like you had an amazing birthday and what lovely gifts you were sent from your dear friend. How sweet that she sent you a kitty. I love your new mug. Doesn't it make your tea so much better when drinking out of a pretty mug? lol. I have a mug obsession. Love your quilt blocks. You always have so many fun things going on. Happy quilting and stitching.

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you made out well with the birthday loot. Love the tea cups, those are really cute. Happy stitching this weekend.