document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 14, 2023

IT'S TIME TO SEND SOME LOVE TO--

 

So here is to everyone having a delightful day today!

I did get some sewing done this week--

First --I did start sewing the tulip blocks together--they are done on angle so it takes time to think out each row before sewing them together--I did not get it done--each day I thought I would get back to it--but you all know how life is?????

I did get a crewel embroidery piece all finished-


 This was in my Christmas box from Anne--so it only took me 4 months to get it done--there was alot of stitches in this one--

And I remembered that I had gotten another one she sent done, but never finished it off--so one afternoon instead of working on the tulip quilt--I played around and finished them both off--


and I even got them hung up on my pansy wall--


Plus one of my birthday cards had pansies on it--it is over the lamp!!!

And here is where I am on my counted cross Spring piece--


Just two more squares to stitch in--and yes--I did move the birdhouse block to the center of this one--it was suppose to be the last one--oh well!!!!!!

And this week's heart block is done--now it was suppose to have a row of buttons going in a heart shape inside the heart--but it is hard for me to put buttons on things until after I get them sewed together and hand quilted--so--mine is different---


and here is all the blocks so far--


And I got one of my birthday gifts all stitched up--


I also walked overtown and went to the thrift store and here is what followed me home--


a little Amish type doll--that probably nobody but me would want to give her a home--she's happy now and loved--and behind  her is an oval frame--for maybe the teacup and saucer cross stitch piece when it is done-- also a t-shirt with 3 sail boats on it-that is in the laundry--so no photo!!!

and a new teacup and saucer--

actually--2 of them--the little white one is for my new daughter in law--she has one of those fancy coffee things--!!!  the other one is for me--


Well--that's it for this Sunday--already celebrated Mother's day with my son and daughter in law--last Sunday going to Red Lobster!!!  But do have a nice slice of Lemon cake to have with my cup of tea this afternoon!!!

So time to settle in and watch me some racing--oh--and work on a new applique project that I started yesterday--hummmm--wonder what Di is up to now??????????????

AGAIN--HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY--
CAUSE TOMORROW IT IS BACK TO STITCHING AND GARDENING!!!
HUGS, DI




3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Mothers are such interesting souls--don't you think???

Deb A said...

Red Lobster sounds yummy! I just love this weeks heart block and your spring cross stitch is looking great. Enjoy the races.

Kate said...

You had a wonderfully productive week! I really love those heart blocks, very cute. Hope this week has been as good on a stitching front.