document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 21, 2023

HEARTS--AND MORE HEARTS--

 It seems to have been a week of hearts for me--

Some of my projects were 'hearts'--like this month's color heart block of 'orange'--


I looked for lighter shades of orange-and these are lighter than than the photo shows--almost-- did not do a block this month--you know me and 'orange'????

And I did--not one--but 2 heart blocks for this week's heart block--


You see--I got both the top and bottom cut out for one block--but then did not like the fabric matches--soooo--what does one do--except--find a new top or bottom--then I had a piece top left over--and as it was already cut out--SO--I found it a new bottom!!!  I will probably add a button or bows to these at a later date!!!

And my heart is singing cause I got the Spring counted cross stitching project done from Melissa's site all stitched--

and yes my blocks are out of order--and there is a story behind that--I put the bird house in the center block--as these birds where working hard and I wanted them to have their home nearby so they could pop in it and rest or have nap!!!!

Then there was some hand basting going on the week--first up--I did layer and baste a long beach scene for the bathroom--

opps no new photos --but it is this one--when I was picking out threads to hand quilt this one--I discovered I needed a few different colors--darker cream, darker teal. and some rusty looking browns- so that meant--I had to do a thread order--how sad!!!!!lol

And while I was in the basting mood and the cutting table was cleaned off--I worked on the Frosty quilt top--
this one is not quite finished--still have the top row to do--and this one will wait until the seaside one is done--but at least now I have one waiting--I have not had a basted quilt to work on for over a month now--and  I miss my hand quilting in the evenings--though I have been doing some embroidery work on some of the birthday gifts I got!!

Talking about my birthday--thanks for all the best wishes--they are most welcomed!!   Plus I got  a surprise box in the mail this week with lots of goodies in it--





I have already put some of the cat post it notes to work and in the cat purse was the gift cards and the money--the money is for chocolate--you can't send chocolate in gifts this time of the year to Florida!!
Thank you dear Alice--

and one bigggg disappointment this week--
I worked so hard on this 'tulip' quilt top--where I had to set the blocks on point--

 and I worked hard with the spacing of the red tulips--
but
but
when you turn it square--you get this--
All the red ones come out in rows--I really am not happy about this --soooo--not sure the fate of this top--it may 'fly' to NY for my friend to turn into a hospice quilt and I may start over--??????

  
oh there was some other applique heart blocks stitched--keep forgetting to do a photo of that project--that's ok--it gives you something to look for ward to--!!!!!

Guess I will finish and go do that row of basting on the Frostys--so tomorrow I can go back to sewing--have the 'sisters' blocks out planning how to put that top together, and this time I will know how to do the rows differently-- and I have an idea for the charm pack that came in Alice's box--and --------!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK--I SEE ALOT OF GARDENS ARE BEING PLANTED--BOTH FLOWERS AND VEGGIES--WAY TO GO--
HUGS AND LAUGHTER--DI




3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

did you get anything in the mail this week--tell me about it!!
hugs, di

Julierose said...

You have a lot of lovely projects on-the-go there;))) I love the orange hearts (orange is my favorite color). I really like that Spring cross stitchery--so pretty... hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Your oranges for RSC looks lovely as does the other projects.
Oh I love πŸ’• love πŸ’— your tulips top , doesn’t matter the reds are together it looks great….