document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 28, 2023

I THINK TODAYS NO. IS 24!!!

 Oh yes I do know today's date is--May 28th--but there is also a 'couple' 24's for today!!!

First up --is this week's heart block--


this weeks was just the saying with the ring of French knots all around it--like 5 rows of French knots, but you know me--gotta do something a bit different--so  first I appliqued a fabric heart on the piece and then embroidered the words on--a heart button will go in the point of the heart--and I got 2 rows of French knots done before my wrist gave out!!

And I decided to start a new mystery stitch along by thelittleredhenonline.com-

And it is called Jack-O-lantern lane and it is done in wool--and there is a story that goes with the mystery--so that is 'cute'--I even got brave (or lazy--cause I didn't want to take time to go though all my wool scraps and find colors that might be close to what she has done--plus I was pretty sure I did not have an orange piece large enough for the pumpkin--) and ordered the kit--which also means I get the buttons!! We will be getting 2 blocks a month--on the 6th and 20th of the month --believe there is 6 blocks total--so here is Mr. Jack-


Wonder if it was the silly pumpkin or that sexy black cat that forced me to do this mystery????



And I got another embroidery piece finished that I got for my birthday--the little flowers are French knots--so had a 'knotty' week!!!!!

And-- I know you have been waiting on pins and needles to see my next heart quilt that I have been working on--


And here are "24" blocks I have appliqued so far--not a real theme going here-- just fabrics that I really like--and I have seen at least 2 more fabrics I want to order a bit of, to add to these hearts!!

And I have spent  the last 2 days working on this mess--

Button--Button--who needs a button--rather which button do I want to sew onto this baby sweater???


And you guessed it--there is "24" sweaters in this batch--and 3 big packages of cute socks that I did mange to get it all into this box-


You can not even get another thing in the box now --that all the sweaters and socks are in it--may have to sit on it to close it and tape it??????

So you see-- I did have-- NO. 24 in my counts today--and it was not planned--it was just how it all worked out!!

Tuesday was a big shopping day out--went to Beall's, Walmart, and Dollar Tree and ate out at a Pizza-Pasta place in that plaza--!  Wednesday was a grocery shopping day--and I nearly had to go out on the street with a sign and ask for handouts to pay for it--best go back to adding it up as I put it in the cart again--like the 'olden' days!!!  and Thursday was laundry day--just so you know that I don't 'stitch' all the time!!!!!

Well--I chatted long enough for today--

BLESSINGS TO ALL WHO LOST ALOVED ONE IN BATTLE--
HUGS, DI




4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Did you eat a hot dog or a hamburger on Memorial day??

Raewyn said...

Gosh that's an incredible pile (or should I say Box) of knitted goodness Di! Awesome :-) I love the bee block and your heart blocks are lovely....the embroidered one at the top is sweet - I don't think I would have managed 5 rounds of French knots, either!! Your new wool project looks like a fun one to do. xx

Deb A said...

I can see why it was a 24 post! You have been very busy and all projects are lovely. I just got back from Publix and a lot of B1G1 deals. Hopefully no shopping for a bit after that hit to the wallet! Have a great Sunday.

Kate said...

Very fun projects. Your new heart quilt is very pretty, I can see why you like all those fabrics. Happy stitching this week.