document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 4, 2023

SOMETHING NEW--SOMETHING---

 This post is being 'brought' to you by something new and somethings 'older' are finished-

And it is being brought to you by a whole 'new' month--the month of June--!!!

So--the New projects are--


Friday's heart block is finished--this one was a fun one to do--and I just had to use the new pink flamingo fabric I had bought on Friday!!!--along with some really nice Pink--in my shade--


And I even went to a local Quilt shop to find them--got really tired of trying to order "my shade" of pink online--and a friend and I were passing the big quilt shop coming back from her trip to Sam's Club, so she stopped for me--and yes we even ate lunch out--at Olive Garden !!


New growth--I started some Thyme from a cute kit I got at Big Lots--we will see how it grows?? In the mean time it's fun watching it grow--they are so tiny right now!!!!

And some more new appliqued hearts--


And yesterday a fabric order came in the mail--of lots, of prints for this heart quilt and I got several cut out already to applique---I really have no idea where I am going with these heart blocks????????????

And I got this project finished--


It went from this--with just the cross stitching being done--

To this--

after all the outlining was done--now to decide how to frame it for display--

So today I had to start a new cross stitch--
OK Di--what are doing now????


OH--ok--I bet you are starting with the 'little lady'--I do have to say--it has alot of the things you love--flowers, alphabets, straw hat, lady, sheep, chickens, birdhouse, heart, bees-----

And--remember when, I did, the series of '5'-- of the long alphabets--4 were for each season and 5th one was for sewing adventures--well--it seems I have displayed the 4 seasons for a 4 years now--but never did display this one--

So I got this one out and put it up --at least until the first day of summer later this month!!!


 I went to my son and dil's house last Sunday for a cook out and I was feeding a duck on the pond in their back yard--and on the way back across the yard--I was taking some photo's of the tiny flowers in the grass--

and then I seen this one--
and I was 'excited' and puzzled a bit--cause I had never seen one this large or this color growing in the grass--and then I had a good laugh--and looked up--


cause it was a 'fallen' flower from this tree!!!!!!

Well--Tuesday the second wool 'Mr Jack o Lantern' pattern comes out--can't wait!!--

And would you believe that Watkins Glen, NY had two days of 90 degree weather last week--first of June--unheard of---and here in Florida mid east coast we only had 80-82 degree temps--crazy!!!!

SO IT'S A NEW MONTH--SO DO YOU HAVE ANY NEW SEWING PROJECTS PLANNED FOR THIS MONTH?????
HUGS, AND BEST WISHED FOR A GREAT WEEK--DI





4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ok we have a whole new month to stay busy and be creative in--let's get to work!!!!!

Arish said...

Tus labores son preciosas, para mí éste mes es frenético cosiendo ropa de verano y tejiendo. BESICOS.

Julierose said...

Oh really, that saying is so true for me at 80!! What a riot...;)))
I love your hearts project --so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Both your heart projects are gorgeous. I really like that flamingo fabric, it's really fun. Your pretty cups and bird stitchery turned out really pretty too. Enjoy your new cross stitch project. Happy stitching this week.