document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 11, 2023

NEWS AND OLDS--

There is some 'new' projects going on and there is some 'old' ones coming out of hiding--!!!

First up is my 'new' brain storm for a design wall--there is no wall space in here to really put up a design wall--but I knew I needed something besides always laying out the blocks on top of my bed--especially when doing blocks on point--and one morning it 'hit' me--I had a large piece of white flannel in the fabric closet so I got it out and hung it on top of one of my other quilts and am using that and when not needed, I can easily take it down and show the quilt under it--so here it is --put right to work as soon as I hung it up--

Here is my first set of the 'sister' blocks for a smaller quilt--now though I can't decide on what color fabric to do for the points and have no idea what to use for a border print for this one--(this has worked out great as I was able to move a couple of them around before sewing them together--when I get to that!!)

In the mean time--

I have gotten more heart blocks appliqued--

Some of my new prints fussy cut into hearts--

And this months blue color heart block--which some how I got confused on and I think it pretty much looks like a couple months ago blue heart block--


and here are the '6' blocks so far--


these 6 are ready for next months color to be added to them!!!

And here is Friday's heart blocks-



again I did not like the first 2 pieces I cut together in the lay out--started with the pink bear and the rose print--so found the pink one to go with the bear and threw the rose one in the box--well that darn 'rose' half of heart--cried all night long-so I had to open the box and find it another half and make a second block--!!!!!

I have been working steady on the new counted cross stitching--

But I am not sure I will ever get her skirt done--I still have '13' rows to do on it!!!

I also got another embroidery project done-



And I also ordered the next kit for the Mr. Jack O Lantern Lane project and got it with in 4 days in the mail and have been working steady on it--but you will have to wait until next Sunday to see it as I am not done yet--but it's really cute with a big green frog on it!!!!

Plus I have 2 other hand work projects in the works--plus, plus, plus!!!

My friend and I stopped into a Home Depot on Monday in our travels and I got 2 new plants--one is just an ivy but here is the other one--

An Impatient plant in deep red--wonder how long it will bloom inside--I did get it repotted and same with the new ivy--and here is the Thyme seeds I planted the week before--

Oh my they are so tiny!!!

And while checking out at the Dollar Tree--this stem full of blue butterflies jumped on to the check out belt--


Need to go back as someone said they also have these in yellow and pink!!!!!

And this week I got some hand quilting done on the boat--



We had some really neat-but scary cloud formations just before some thunder storms this week--




And on Tuesday, I think it was, across the river and up the road a ways like--5 miles--they had an EF1 tornado go through and damage some homes--one belonged to one of out kitchen workers!!! And some of my family and dear friends in NY state have had a rough week with all the air problems from the Canada wild fires--ouch!!

Ok--I have been chatty enough for this week--

WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR WORLD???

JUST KEEP STITCHING AND STAY CALM--!!!

HUGS, DI




  

4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I read that if you put half cut oranges around the base of your bird feeders it will keep cats away from that area---???

Deb A said...

Wow- you were close to that tornado. My hubby's cousin lives .8 of a mile from where it hit. Lots of fun projects, and that rose was so happy after crying all night to become that pretty block! Isn't it crazy how loud those pieces of fabrics can be when they are not happy. Have a great week, and hopefully no more storms pop up.

Maria said...

Pleased the tornado wasn’t too close to you.
Your idea for a design wall worked out well.
Lots fun projects you’re working on again.

Kate said...

You have such fun projects in the works. Love your temporary design wall. I don't think I could sew without one now. Happy stitching this week.