document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 2, 2023

BETTER BETTER--AND A NEW "SQUIRREL"!!!

Much better this week---and I was able to just keep doing my 'thing'--you know--stitching and stitching--though for some reason--I never got to even turn the sewing machine on!!!

On Monday morning I was able to take a 'van' ride to JoAnn's--it's for folks who want to go to Aldi's, every other week--but Joann's is right next door--so I go there--this week I just found some fabric--one piece is for the smaller Sister's blocks--and I finally found the wide wide eyelet lace I was looking for to make an insert in a t-shirt that comes down too low and would you believe the timing--as I used a tiny bit of it in this block--


Yep--started another 'squirrel' project--I have been collecting the weekly patterns from Our Favorite Things on facebook and this is block #18--I just love old aprons and I used to have a nice collection of them before my move to Florida--and you see that little tiny pocket -- I fussy cut a little bit of the eyelet for it and the apron is a 30's print--

this block of course --began to have other blocks that were tried of waiting to be made--so, one, became 6 by yesterday--


 My 2 chicks might be alittle too bright there--but this is a country quilt--soooo????

And I got Block 3 done of the Mr. Jack-o-Lantern Lane--finished--this one took a lot of time to stitch--


Say 'welcome' to Vampire Pumpkin, Mummy Pumpkin and Witchy Pumpkin!!!

And here is this Friday's heart block--


Talk about alot of stitching--well--embroidery work--this took a long time to make--but I do like it--so that is good--right????

I got another baby sweater knitted and another one on the needles this week and while I popped into the Dollar Tree--I picked up some baby socks for this next batch of sweaters for when I send it out--


And it being a 'new' month I changed out my Cross stitches --





And now that's it officially summer--I changed out the ABC hanger--



And -- couple more heart blocks got appliqued--

 I am so sorry about having been a bit 'grumpy' last week--it's hard to always be all smiles when you live with 168 other Seniors who only 'whine' all the time and are unhappy--Plus I had gotten some sad family news--sooo--it all added up!!!

Well--there's one and half races on today (the smaller NASCAR race is scheduled to be finished this morning after a t-storm hit Chicago yesterday afternoon--Oh this week's race in on the actual streets of Chicago and so we get to see alot of the sites and buildings all around that part of Chicago and it is very interesting--the race is a hard one for the drivers and cars though!  And later this afternoon there is the Cup race on the streets and in the mean time--I am going to my be with my kids for awhile--!!

HAVE PLANS FOR THE 4TH???  I WILL BE HERE THAT DAY--BUT I GOT A PRETTY  RED, WHITE,BLUE SCRAF, THAT HAS GNOMES ON IT-- TO WEAR WITH A RED T-SHIRT FOR THE DAY--SO I WILL LOOK PARTY READY!!!!???

HUGS, DI   STAY SAFE---



4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Be sure to watch some fireworks --hugs, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sew many wonderful projects going on in your quilt room. Love the little apron block. Have a wonderful 4th of July.

Maria said...

Pleased your feeling happier and had fun working on all your lovely projects.
Cute socks to go with your cute jumpers you knit.

Kate said...

Your new project is really cute, that apron block is adorable. Your heart blocks are all such fun, it's hard to pick a favorite. Hope you had a wonderful July 4th celebration and glad this week is much better than last week.