document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 8, 2023

THE EARLY BIRD--CATCHES --

 THE WORM--at least that is how the rhyme goes!!!  Me I need to do my post earlier than normal--

because my NASCAR race starts earlier today than normal!!



So let's see--what did I do this week????

Oh I remember--I did do alot of extra cleaning that needed to be done this week--and I ordered a tall-5 shelf plant stand for displaying my holiday items on it--it should be here Tuesday--so you have that to look forward to next Sunday!!

In the sewing department--I went on Monday's Van to Aldi's and JoAnn's--where at JoAnn's I found 2 Fall prints to make a table quilt for my table in the kitchen--and in between all the cleaning I actually got it cut and laid out and basted--and evenings I got it hand quilted--and yesterday was the binding day--

This will be Sept/Oct side--


And this side--


will be-- I know you already guessed this part---November's side!!!

I still have not had time to figure out last week's heart block--but did get this week's heart block done while watching the smaller race yesterday--


This saying sounds so easy--but let me tell you--it is not!!  and it is always the same thing that holds us (me) back from doing our (my) 'wishing'--$$$$$$$!!!!

And here is this week's Country block--


This one has some not so easy pieces to applique--that the candle wax piece!!  The author did her's in wools--but I only wanted fabrics on mine--so-------------

And here is the end of the Christmas heart blocks--?????



I am going to be sooo lost --not having heart blocks to applique, now!!!

**********************************

I have been 'upset' all week end as I lost my tempter with one of our maintenance men here --and ordered him out of my apartment--what--I never 'act' like that towards anyone--how and why did I do that ????? (it did happen over some black mold I found on top of my refrigerator --which means it may be the freezer door seal--and it may not be sealing tight enough--and he didn't even check the seal--in stead it started off on some 'reasons' why there is mold --I am not stupid--I know that I live in Florida--one of the 'moldest states'--but this is black mold--it's something to be concerned about and to be dealt with--oh well--what do I really know--I'm just an 'old' person--who is taking up his time on a Friday!!  OK--enough of this talk--I did a good job of cleaning it off and threw out all those cloths--and I will keep an eye on it--I mean after all--I got some important quilting and knitting to do!!!

And when I went outside to knit awhile before lunch--I could of almost used a sweater--2 days ago--it was still very humid out--today it was only 76 and that breeze did have a bit of chill to it--ouch!!!

DON'T DO A 'DI' THING THIS WEEK--KEEP YOUR COOL AND SMILE AND GRIT YOUR TEETH--BUT KEEP ON KEEPING ON--WE HAVE HAVE SEWING TO DO--

HUGSS, DI 




4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you have a wish or dream??? Mine would be a small house or apartment with my own washer/dryer and a small garden area out side--with bird feeders!!

Jill Henderson said...

Hello Di. I am aware you love Nascar, so you may find it interesting to keep an eye on a New Zealand driver - Shane Van Gisbergen - for the future as he and a co-driver won our Australian Bathurst endurance race yesterday. He was stated he is leaving Super cars and will be driving Nascars from 2024. On another note, I am a long admirer of your craft. Regards, Jill H.

Deb A said...

Oh no! Never good to find black mold inside the house. I'm sorry he was not as concerned as he should be. I probably would have lots my temper a bit too. I'm sure it rolled off his back. Lets hope the seal is tight and it won't cause more issues. Love the little deer in the heart blocks. Hope you have a good week.

Kate said...

Sometimes you just have to speak up for yourself. Some people don't know the significance of black mold and with your sensitivities, it could be really bad. Hopefully you've not beat yourself up too badly over the exchange and have been able to get some fun stitching done this week.