document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 24, 2024

ALMOST TIME FOR CHOCOLATE---

 Chocolate bunnies and bright colored 'peeps' and jelly beans!!  Just one week away--if you are waiting for the Easter bunny--and if not--you can start now to enjoy them--you have my permission--to eat all the chocolate bunnies you want this week!!!

So let's see--what did life allow me to get finished this week--


Got the bunny ABC sampler from Melisa finished and on display--

So now '3' are done and I can say I have a collection--I have started a 4th one--and it has a story--so stayed tune for further updates!!!

I got this month's 2 wool Christmas ornaments finished--


and yes the wool is 2 different colors!!  These are fun to make each month--

And I got this quilt totally finished and ready for hanging--Happy Dance!!!


I chose to use the same fabric for the binding--nothing else seemed to work--

Here is the next step done on my Library books top--


I embroidered titles on some of the books--had to do the words on the fabrics that were more on a solid color--other wise the word did not show up--This looks so much better in real life----not it is ready to layer and baste--

And now I am working on this little piece--


I still have more hand quilting to do on this one--!!

Thursday morning I went on the bus and stopped at the Library first and picked up 2 books--it was perfect weather to sit at the bus stop and wait for the next bus to take me on to Publix--(you see--I went cause I was nearly out of the--you--know--chocolate we talked about in the beginning of this!!!)

And I finally figured out how to get my photos from my phone to the computer--so here is the couple photos I talked about a  couple weeks ago-from outside the Library--



And last night I got so excited when I realized that the time change now allows me to enjoy these scenes out my window--


I love watching these big fluffy clouds form over this next building--I glance up every so often to watch them--and I realized how much I had missed doing that these past few months--


******************

A good update first--my daughter is fine--no cancer--so happy dance here--

***********

HUD did raise our lunch price to $7 a day from $5 a day--BUT--they did not agree to the other increases that Poah wanted--so good for them--now here is hoping maybe the food service company will at least get a share of the $7 to feed us better meals--though none of us are really hopeful at this point!!!


***********IF YOU ARE A SPECTRUM CUSTOMER YOU NEED TO READ THIS--

Another Drama has been going on here for the last 4 days--with my Internet/cable service--Spectrum!! I was getting the $30 taken off my spectrum bill since Covid from some government program that did not get renewed--so Spectrum sent us an Email with a phone no. and I called it--One of the changes they wanted to do was change my DVR box to one called Xumo--for only $5 a month--(I had been paying about $30 a month) I said--sounds good as long as I can record and 'buzz' though the commercials--not a problem they said--we did a couple other changes and a service tech was sent that afternoon to install the new box---WELL--folks I had '3' different techs here and many calls to the office in the last 3 days--finally yesterday--tech #3 did find the problem for me recording shows--it was a glitch in the office-- not the Xumo box--they got that fixed--so we decided everything was up and running good and he left--only later--when I went to watch a recorded show--there was NO fast forward or pause button--so I called again this morning and guess what--Spectrum does not have that part of the recorder set up yet--that is in the future--Plus if your movie or, like me with the races, if it runs more that 2 hours it will stop recording----

I ask you WHY and What is going on here--the sales guyI talked to  knew I needed to fast forward through the commercials ect--we talked about it at length--the techs who came here also knew that fact as we talked about it--SO--I am going to have to go back to a regular DVR player--but now hear this--I have to go to a Spectrum store and pick one up--then I can make a tech appt to install it--the tech's are no longer carrying the DVR's on the trucks--!!!!!

I have added up the total hours in the last 4 days of being tied up with Spectrum either on the phone or with a tech here and it's well over 7 hours--7 hours I could of been quilting or sewing!!! Grrrr!!!!!!

So be careful if they want to install a Xumo box  at your home--ask lots and lots of questions--and make sure they know the correct answers--maybe in 6 months this will be a good thing--but not yet!!

OK--TIME FOR SOME MORE CHOCOLATE--AND TO TRY TO PLAN OUT MY WEEKS WORTH OF SEWING--I AM BEHIND--SO GO GRAB SOME CHOCOLATE TOO--

THANKS FOR ALL THE LISTENING TO ALL MY MINOR ISSUES OF LIFE--I TRULY APPREICATE EACH AND EVERY ONE WHO READ MY RAMBLING ONS-

HUGS, DIANE






5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I remember always getting little shiny shoes in my Easter basket and we always wore white gloves and pretty bonnets to Church!! What do you remember??

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There's always something that requires us to have some vitamin "C," lol! It's usually some issue with technology, isn't it?! I love your bunny sampler - I want to stitch that one, too, but need more Aida cloth first. Hope your Spectrum problem gets cleared up!

Kate said...

So glad your daughter doesn't have cancer, that has to be a big relief. Love your Library book quilt. Sorry you had all the issues with the new technology. I hate when their goal is to sell you something in lieu of meeting your needs. Hope you can get that all worked out this week. Enjoy your chocolate.

Maria said...

That is the best news that your DIL hasn't got the big C.
It always surprises me how much lovely work you do on all the projects...
Must go now and get some choccie easter eggs....

dq said...

So glad your daughter in law does not have cancer. What a relief!

Your set of 3 pillows is lovely, and now a 4th has begun. You are getting so much done!
Love the book case quilt!!! It is on my bucket list!