document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 10, 2024

OH --WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY--

 I know everyone is 'ranting' about the time change--I am not 'fond' of it either--but it's been a way of life for so long--it's just something not to stress over--at least that is my theory!!!!

I did get some projects finished and worked on this week--

first up --seeing as St Patty's day is a week away--I did get his little cross stitch done--

and I also got the one before this one finished--

and I have started a third one--it will have a bunny rabbit on it!!!

I am trying something out--I have a hard time with  these little 'pillows' not sitting up in the bowls and displays--so I looked around and found a bag of half glass marble like pieces--

they have a bit of weight to them and I add a couple to the bottom of each piece before I hand stitch the opening close--these I added 4-5 along the bottom--it does seem to really help--I got my bag at the Dollar Tree!!

And here is my couple treasures from last weeks thrifting--

I got this small basket--on the back side it says Autumn Harvest-- and the rose mug and the rose teacup and saucer---(do you think Di likes roses???)

I also got Jenny's block done for March--
I need to decide on the framing of these--I still have alot of the Jelly roll in the 30's prints left from last years--Jenny's bom--and I like that--so maybe?????????????

And I did this month's Woven Wreath block--



And here is the first 3 blocks--as you know I have decided to use a bit of color each month and not just the Primitive Blue thread--(that is the color of the big snowman-his scarf is another color thread--!!
I have seen the red one being done all in the red--and if I had gotten that color--I probably would of done mine all in red--then again--knowing me???????????????

And I did get the Easter Eggs finished off--

I love both of these designs--and I added them to some I did years ago!!

And I have steadily worked on the hand quilting of this wall hanging-

So I need to find some time this week to get another top or two layered and basted!!!

*******************
In other news--
I had 3 outings this week--Monday on our Free Van we went to JoAnn's and  Aldi's--I did get some flannel for backings on 3 baby quilts--when we got done and went back to load up on the Van--there was 6 of us who rode over--but only 5 us reloaded--we searched for a half hour for the 6th lady--finally I thought to call back here to office and they checked on her and she had gotten a ride home with her grandson!!!!!

Tuesday --my friend Carolyn and I, went to Publix on the city bus for groceries and had a good time--with some good food bought!

Friday --my friend Janet and I went on the bus to the big Library and got new books to read--and yes--Diane finally read a whole big book--a James Patterson one--#19 of the women mysteries series--so I got #20 to read--then when we walked to the back of the Library to catch the bus--we seen a lot of big white geese--and 2 batches of baby's--one batch was teenagers--nice cute fluffy beige geese--you just wanted to pick one up and hug it--the other batch was still very young and yellow and black yet!! There is a big body of water right next to the Library and there is alot of geese, ducks, Ibis birds and such there!!  Then we got back on the bus and when shopping at Big Lots (only got a couple things for the grown kids Easter basket--including--eatable grass!!!) then down to the Dollar Tree--a bit more Easter there, and then on to Publix for  a couple things--it was a beautiful perfect weather day too--!!

****************
PRAYERS PLEASE--

And I need to ask for some prayers for my daughter--she has to go for a couple biopsies sometime this next week--ouch and scary!! 

*************************
And the 'Hits' keep coming--
No word on the food increase--
but now they want everyone to pay their rent online--but their app for doing this is all wrong and often you are charged double--and if you don't have a computer--the gal in the office will help you on a computer in our library downstairs--she is gonna have to help 75% of the residents each month as hardly anyone has a computer!!!!  I ask what is  wrong with a good fashioned --check????

*******************

SO ARE YOU DECORATING FOR ST. PATTY'S DAY AND THEN EASTER--OR JUST SPRING AND EASTER?????  

HUGS TO ALL--DIANE






6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you fix a special meal on St Patty's day???
Growing up my mom made cabbage, potato, carrot with canned corn beef--it was good!! Now I usually just eat whatever???

Deb A said...

My mom always did a pressure cooked corned beef and cabbage. I loved the cabbage cooked that way, so just ate the cabbage and potato. When I got on my own, I tried the corned beef in the crock pot and liked it better that way. I just got a pressure cooker last year and did the cabbage that way. Turns out, the girl loves it cooked that way too! I had a neighbor show me how to make irish soda bread, so add that in too. Your projects look great. After 2 days watching Indy cars race in St. Pete, we got home for the boy to watch the F1 race from yesterday. I need a vacation!

Maria said...

You’ve completed some cute cross stitch pillows and what a good idea to put the half marbles in to hold them down.
Lots of lovely projects and I especially like the woven blocks.
Also you’ve been out and about a lot with your friends.
Prays for your DIL. Hope all goes well.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have had a very busy week, Di. I just love your mini samplers. They are so sweet and cheerful. Love your floss colors and how clever to use the glass marbles. Oooh such beautiful china- great finds. I will keep your dear daughter in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and Blessings.

Kate said...

You've been busy on the stitching front. The woven wreath blocks are really cool, I like all the colors. It seems all business want you to pay online these days, but it is hard if you don't have a computer. Some apps just don't work that well on a phone, assuming you have a smart phone.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just loved this post so chockablock with all the things I love too! I still have patterns of Jenny's from when I took part in her year long club. I also have two patterns of Kathy's to embroider. There needs to be two of me!!Meanwhile, how nice to get out and about with those wonderful outings. I would love to tag along!!