document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 16, 2024

IT WAS A HEART WEEK

 I believe it was good week to work on hearts--

Though it was a hot week and I waited all week, along with all the plants, trees and flowers --we waited all week for the promised the rain--that everyone around us got--we only got 2 small rain storms here--so we are still 5" short of where we should be on our water table!!!!  and the week was very humid--though again we are lucky right here in our spot to usually have a nice breeze--though we won't say some days how hot that breeze is!!!!

I spent a couple days sewing my pink heart quilt together--

And to add a 'bit' of 'fun' to it--I added 4 different prints here and there--

one block is sewing items with pink in it, one is pink flamingos (lower bottom left side) one is cute cat faces and one is pink bicycles--!!

The other heart project was this months 'bom' heart from Melisa--


I do have to say--that in wanting my bumble bees to filled in--I had a 'job' and some tearing out to do--and yes a bit of my hair too--but they finally behaved and I think they look a 'bit' like bee's now!!

And here is where these half triangle blocks went--

they are now--
I plan to put lattice around this and then a border--and it will probably be finished as a baby quilt donation--

And 2 more little sweaters are finished--


The top one is done in Hobby Lobby all cotton yarn and the bottom one is done in Hobbii yarn--I think once all the hobby lobby yarn is pretty much used up ( and  I am on the last skein of variegated yarn from them--though I do have some balls of solid colors ) I will stick with the Hobbii yarn this is a lighter all cotton yarn and is easier to  knit with--and right now I have a nice stash of it!!!

Been hand quilting on the large heart block quilt and am on the last block of it--so just need to finish it and do the outside border--so moving right along here--

***************
My neighbor problem is still going on--of course he says he is not doing anything in his apartment--lair--I have discovered on the week ends he does it around 7-9 am--1-2 pm and again 8-9 pm--I just get my eyes to quilt hurting and my stomach to calm down and he does it again--(this he does mostly week ends--when no staff is here to catch him--plus they have to have a reason to go into his apartment to catch him at it, and that not be the reason--this is a 'hard' type drug he is smoking--nothing I want or should be breathing----darn,stupid thoughtless people!!!
I did order and got a second air purifying machine for this little apartment--but I can still smell it and am still having side effects--
and so goes life--just rolling along---just keep stitching , di!!!
******************
AND NOW--
look at a photo I happened to catch out my window mid week--

the sunset is reflecting in the apartment windows--can you see the blue sky in some and the pink-orange clouds in some--just got 'lucky' and looked up from my stitching and seen it--so grabbed the camera-I have seen reflections before--but nothing in the 4 years since this building opened like this one!!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
do you know it is better to drink something 'hot' on a hot day than something cold--a hot drink will actually cool you down better, and faster---my parents met back in the 40's when they both worked in a factory that made milk bottles--and their manager told them to never drink a cold beverage when they got over heated while working --!!! Even when both my Mom and my Dad stopped working there they remained friends with Andy and his wife Cora--they were Uncle and Aunt to us kids as we came along!!!  Andy loved my Mom's home made biscuits!!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS--
KEEP COOL--IT'S GONNA BE A HOT ONE THE NEXT FEW DAYS ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS UP AND ACROSS TO THE OCEAN ON THE EAST COAST--
HUGS, DIANE
Yep--it was fun to always check for a quarter--






7 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What do you do to keep cool on a hot and humid day????

Arish said...

Me gustan mucho los diseños con corazones, AMO LOS CORAZONES y tus chaquetitas son muy bonitas.
Tuviste suerte al ver esos bonitos reflejos y poder fotografiarlos.
BESICOS.

Deb A said...

Stay in the Air Conditioned house as much as possible! I'm so sorry about the neighbor issue. If I'm guessing correctly, even if he switched to the edible ones there is a 'smell' emitted from it, but it might be lessor. Hope the second air purifier helps.
Your stitching is lovely - especially those bees in Melissa's hearts.
Hope this week is a better one for you air quality wise. (Feel free to grab some of the extremely high temps we are having in my area!)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, Di . Wow you had a very busy week with a variety of projects. Your pink heart quilt is looking amazing; it looks relaxing to work on . I adore your embroidered heart blocks. I am so sorry those bee gave you a fit, but they look amazing. Oh goodness I hope the neighbor issue gets solved soon; you shouldn't have to deal with that. Hmmm what do I like to do to stay cool? Swim or just retreat in the house to quilt. Lol. Have a great week. Hugs.

ButterZ said...

Beautiful reflections.
Love the quote too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see how you are stitching Melisa's heart blocks! Those bees are just the cutest. Love your baby quilts and sweaters, too! I sure hope you can the neighbor problem resolved - that sounds pretty bad - I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.

Maria said...

I stay inside with the air con on to keep cool.
Loving all your hearts and sweet little cardigans.
Great photo of the sunset on the apartment building.