document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 9, 2024

THE SEWING MACHINE--HUMMED

 My sewing machine 'hummed' right along all week--My local quilt guild was collecting baby quilts for our local hospital and they were collecting them at the meeting on Friday--and I wanted to donate some--I did have 2 made--but decided to do 3 more--yep--3 more--So started Tues afternoon--got 3 planned out--all where one piece of fabric--got backings found and cut and batting--



Then on Wednesday I started sewing--pretty much got one top stitched together and then picked out binding fabrics for all 3 and got them cut--So on Thursday--I started sewing early--was about half way through the first one when I did notice a big 'pucker' on the back piece of fabric--so you know what to come out--while unstitching that half of the quilt--I did visit with a friend on the phone--got that done and it was lunch time--



After lunch it was right back to the sewing machine--and somehow by 4:45--I had all three done and bindings on all 3--( even though me and the bobbins had a couple issues--like not having wound enough thread on them--so had to add more--always a fun job in the middle of a job!!!)

The backing on this one has cute little rabbits all over it--

But--On Friday--I was in alot of pain and there was no way I could get on and off a bus to get to the meeting--So in  a bit someone is coming here to pick them up--!!

I did have time late afternoons and evenings to do some embroidery work--

First was this month's bom from Jenny--
teapot with tea cups--so small--

Here is all 6 blocks so far--!!

And remember last week I told you about having finished the stitching on Melisa's Summer piece but forgot to take a photo--

Here that is--
and this week I got Joy's Summer piece finished too--

So yesterday after pressing these for their photo shoot--I decided to keep right on going--
and look at this--


And this is the backing fabric on them both--I have loved this fabric--but couldn't seem to find anything it work on--but now I have--

And Joy's Summer---I did the blue borders seeing I did the word Summer on both of them in Blue--


So now I have '2' blue Summer pillows to decorate with--and most importantly--2 finished projects--yea for me!!!!
I do believe there is Fall and Winter ones from both--a couple I have stitched I think--just not finished--so will have to check on them at some point????

And I did manage to get another baby sweater knitted and more hand quilting done on the big heart quilt--

**********
But--unfortunately more trauma here--with the resident next door which is affecting me badly--management keeps telling me they will take care of it--but in the mean time--I have been ill for 3 days--!!  They should of taken care of it last Thursday--!!!

WELL--HEARS HOPING WE ALL HAVE A GREAT SUCESSFUL WEEK IN WHAT EVER WE DO AND PLAN--KEEP SAFE--AND EITHER COOL OR WARM DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE--  THINKING OF EACH OF YOU--

Played in the 'dirt' this morning!!!
HUGS, DIANE






6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I get a chuckle out of this cartoon--must of been a looooong wait!!!

Arish said...

Tus labores se ven muy bonitas. BESICOS.

Kim said...

That sewing machine was certainly humming along! Sweet baby quilts. Love too the pretty cushions you've finished. I hope this week finds you feeling a little better

Julierose said...

Just lovely embroideries you've stitched!! Those are really cute pillows for the summertime...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Yea for finishes. Boo on not feeling well. I hope the issue is resolved quickly. Have a good week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I hope you start feeling better, Di. You did have a busy week. I adore your Summer pillows. It is so exciting to see your stitch and finish. Thank you so much for stitching Summer Checklist. I finished stitching mine this weekend too. Now I need to finish it.