document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 2, 2024

AND JUST LIKE THAT---

 JUNE appears--whether we are done with May or not!!!!



I have a sister named, June--she is 3 years younger than me--and her birthday is in May too!!  And my little sister, Barbara, was 3 years younger that June and her birthday was June 16th!!--

And the big news for the month of June for us here in Florida is--Hurricane season starts now--!!!!!!!!!!

But --before we talk about 'June' projects--let's finish off May's projects--

I got 2 more pillows made--using embroidery pieces I had done in the past--the next Spring one is one of Joy's designs--

And I used the same jelly roll for the trims on this one--so that both "Spring" pillows will look good together--

I also finally finished off another embroidery I had done a few years ago--

I have no idea whose design this is--sorry--but I have always loved it and have gotten it out from time to time to finish it-kept thinking I would use it for a tote--but then would not make one up --cause there is so much white on this panel and I know how easily totes can soil  --so while I was in the 'pillow' making mode--I just made it up too!!!

So for the Chook shed challenge for May--
I made up '3' embroidery--ufo's--
the three pillows above--
and the 16 wool ornaments for gift giving--
So I am happy with the challenge and that more ufo's are all finished--!!!!  Thanks!

And talking--

This is my #10 project--


I have 46 heart blocks here to  put into a quilt--or something--these hearts are from the 52 week challenge on Facebook--now to figure out how I want to finish them off--come to think of it--not sure I seen very many actually finished???

And here is where I am on the little pink hearts project--
I have 76 pink hearts to play with and I also spent a couple afternoons picking out pinks to match and cutting them into 4" squares--
Now I just got to bite the bullet and start sewing these together--
But--
first I hope to get a couple more baby quilts sewn by Friday when the Quilt Club is collecting them to take to the hospital!!

I also got one Summer block all embroidered this week--Opps--I pressed it then forgot to take a photo of it so you will have to trust me that I got Melisa's Summer piece embroidered--and now I am working on Joy's Summer piece!!

I also now have the red, pink, yellow, and purple heart blocks hand quilted-- on the heart quilt top!


I went shopping on Thursday--took the bus over to the Plaza to Beall's as they sent me a 20% off coupon for my birthday and it expired on May 31--I got 3 items for 20% off--the above cat was one item--he makes me smile every time I see him--that little polka bow tie and the grin on his face and those loops on his body--oh my!!!!  I also got a new over body purse for my cell phone and wallet for shopping and anew pair of walking sneakers!!
Then I went to Publix for some groceries--and I ended up with 2 kinds of fresh fish from the fish section--Halibut--salmon--so my apartment smells really 'fishy' this week end!!!!!

And I finally did my next photo challenge--


The flower one was easy--been snapping photos of flowers for a couple weeks now--but mainly on the cell phone--I want the challenge to be with my Cannon camera and lenses--
so this morning I did grab a couple things for the photos and headed out--

this bush is right beside the gazebo door--

This one was inside the gazebo--I took my window pillow and Bear--my black cat!!
We seem to have several bike riders living here right now--and Bear is checking out the bikes to see if he would like to ride one????


And this plant is outside of the little café next door--they are not open on Sundays and Mondays--
so was able to take a couple photos--!!
there will be more photos over on the Workbasket site--top button on left side of this post--more really neat flower ones too--

SO MY DEAR STITCHY FRIENDS--WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR JUNE???  ANY NEW PROJECTS BEING PLANNED??
HUGS, AND THOUGHTS TO EACH--DIANE







5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What is your favorite flower???

ButterZ said...

I love the Bird of Paradise. Have tried growing them but can’t seem to get them established. It comes down to something like —- they need water to survive. You have done some beautiful stitching. That meme is so true…

Maria said...

Tulips , guess that could be because I’m Dutch!🇳🇱
You’ve completed some love.y stitchery cushion covers .
Many pretty photos.
Hope you keep safe in the blowing weather.

Deb A said...

You have been busy! Love the little pillows and the flower shots are really nice. Enjoy your week and stay hydrated.

Kate said...

All your finished stitcheries turned out beautifully. Way to go on all those finishes. And a round of applause for getting out with your "big" camera to take some photos! I'm looking forward to seeing more challenge photos.