document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 25, 2024

I THINK OUR YEAR-TOOK SOME

 lessons from Nascar--and decided to revive up the hours in each day, week, and month--

cause so far this year is just 'zooming' right on by us!!!

So --let's see what did I get accomplished this week???  Monday morning Van went to Aldi's and of course I go next door to JoAnn's--needed a couple more gifts for my friend Anne, in NY for her birthday--found a cat puzzle with a quilt on it --750 pcs and was able to get that 40% off--(why are puzzles so expensive???) And found 2 novelty print fabrics--one was cats and quilts and the other one had  pretty humming birds on it--

Tuesday was a bus trip to the Publix shopping plaza--needed to go to Dollar tree for birthday gift wrapping paper--they had no wrapping paper left--and that store was such a mess--I just turned around and left--Big Lots did not have wrapping paper nor did Publix--so it's a good thing I did have a small bundle of tissue paper that said 'Happy Birthday'!!!  Tuesday afternoon I did the gift wrapping and by this time I was getting selfish and decided I wanted to keep the Hummingbird fabric--only---there was one square empty spot in the box--and that cute Hummingbird fabric folded just right and wrapped in tissue filled it in perfectly!!!

Wednesday I first had to see the volunteer nurse who comes each Wednesday between 11-1--to get my B-12 injection--Then Cheryl took me to an Eye glass shop to order me some new prescription reading glasses--I had $550 insurance credit for a new pair--and it still cost me another $17 for them--just simple pair of glasses!!!   Then we headed on up the road to Denny's and had a nice breakfast meal for our lunch!!  when we left we went across the street to a Good Will shop and '2' items in Pink came home with me--





This was a $5.99 sale--I did look up Graces Teaware and they are still selling tea cups and tea pots etc.--but did not find this one--so believe this one is an older one from them and I wonder if at some point it did not have a saucer with it???  And that little spoon is so cute--but I do wonder why there is a hole in the handle????

And I found this bowl--

Do you notice something the same about both of these 'new to me' items???

Finally on Thursday I got to do a bit of playing with fabrics and did some sorting and organizing of heart squares for this month's challenge--I have enough hearts to actually do 3 larger wall hangings--I think I will keep 2 sets of the hearts and sent the other set to Anne at some point--one set is mostly the birds hearts with a few other thrown in of flowers and some other animals the second set is all sewing hearts--
In sorting them I decided they were quiet plain--so I am now doing a dash line in black all around them--

I have 17 done--8 more to go on first set--

And I got this redwork ornament done the first part of the week--

And on Saturday I was able to press a couple of the 5 pc fat quarter kids prints I had gotten in and got half of one of them sewed together--

need to cut more squares--am cutting them 4 1/2" squares--

And this is the newest Counted Cross stitch project--



Remember I told you I would forget to take a photo of the finished cats and books cross stitching--well-- I did forget--but I did get it finished to send in Anne's box!!!

And I got all the blocks hand quilted with a 1/4" border--and now I am going back and doing the outlining inside each block--



Notice the second photo--I am doing a dragon fly in each of the 9 patches!!

And another little baby sweater was finished--
a really pretty blue one!!!

And boy are my grandchildren growing like 'weeds'--they must really love me!!!!!
(remember these are the babies on my new spider plant!!!)

BE SURE TO ENJOY THIS LAST WEEK OF AUGUST ---KEEP WORKING ON THOSE PROJECTS AND HAVING SOME FUN WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS--
HUGS TO ALL--DI





5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Anything special planned for this week--last week of August???

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Wow Zoom! Is spot on ! You had a very busy week, Di. Ooh I do love puzzles. I am not sure why they are so expensive now. Great thrifty find. It is hard for me to resist a tea cup especially it is pink. Lots of fun projects is in the works. I just love seeing your Little School House Mini Sampler . Thank you for including it in your stitching. Your applique blocks are just amazing. You always inspire me to pick up needle and thread. Well we are camping this last week of August a great way to wrap up the month. Hugs.

Maria said...

Boy Di you had a very busy week. Shopping , getting new glasses and still managing to sew some hearts, do cross stitch and knit another cute baby cardigan. Plus more……
Enjoy the last week of August.

Kate said...

Considering how busy you were, you still got a lot done. Your pink china pieces are very pretty. Hope this week is a bit slower and you have time to play with fabric and thread more.

Deb A said...

I agree on the puzzle prices. My Mom showed me an online puzzle game that might have gotten loaded to my phone. The thing is addicting! Enjoy the racing season (my son is happy the summer break is over with F1). Enjoy your week.