document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 22, 2024

FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN

 Or Fall--however you say it--and I think it is the first day of summer-?-for some of you!!


Now--don't anybody go and faint on me--Cause this year I actually have decorated for Fall on the first day of Fall!!!  (I usually have a bad habit of not getting this job done until well after the first of October--I am not totally done yet--still have the silk fall flowers and leaves to add--!!!

I had a busy week this week--with actual sewing--yep--sewing!!!

My first day was cutting backing and batting for a couple projects--

one was for this one--


and by yesterday at noon--I had this one all basted--ready to hand quilt-when I get the Country one finished hand quilted that I am working on now--am on the last row of the Country one--sooo!

And I got one of baby quilts layered and then stitched on the machine--



Farm animals--anyone need an extra pig or cow or chicken--there is even some sheep on the back of this one--

I did alot of stitching on this one--not just 'in the ditch'---so it took alot of time to do--and thread!!

I had started these with the plan to donate them to our local hospital here in FL--but as I stitched on this one--I am thinking I need to sent some to NY to help Anne with the Seneca Santa program for the 0-2 years old--that I supported when I was a Red Hat Queen and then Anne took over and makes about 40 baby quilts for that group every year--I don't know that she will be able to make that many this year--so???

And here is the new cross stitch I am working on--


I did a grey squirrel--but probably should of done a 'red' one???

And on Monday when I was at JoAnn's for the Farm fabric for the backing on the baby quilt--I seen a remnant on the counter--


And I just had to have this one--it will make a cute baby quilt too!!! If I find it in me to part with it?????????????

Back to decorating--

I got my blue dishes displayed in the cabinet--


I will probably add a bit of fall leaves/flowers here and there in this yet--

and here is more of the regular decorating for Fall--



Oh--forgot here is one's day worth of work--these shelves were in the kitchen--filled up with kitchen stuff--had to find all that a new home--then moved the shelf unit back into the living room--mainly cause my plant collection--some needed more light than where I had them--and I like my holiday displays where I can see them--and so the big round table got moved back to the kitchen--I do like it there-cause now I can bake and have someplace to cool the cookies and such!!


I did add a bit of fall to the table!!!!

As for regular life--good news on the elbow--it was just a 'wart'--and it seems to be healing nicely--though it is still sore at times--and Jessica said she would be back in 6 months to check on it, and me!!!

Other wise no word on if they are gonna move me to a different apartment or not--so life just goes on for me--the neighbor is still doing his 'smoking' but it's not as bad as it was--but he is still doing it in his apartment at times--????

Anne is coming along--slowly--it will take time-they say--she still has to use a walker and wants to go outside and work--but can't cause of the medicine she is on--No sun!!!

The best news I think is--the weather--the humidity is down some--hopefully and hopefully it will stay down!!!!

Well--time to move on--

HAPPY FALL YOU ALL--ENJOY SOME NEW FALL COLORS WHILE OUT AND ABOUT--

HUGS--AND PUMPKIN SMILES TO ALL--DI



1 comment:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, Di and a very Happy Fall to you. Your fall decorations are so beautiful . Lots of pretty eye candy to enjoy. Love the Sunbonnet Sues . I hope this upcoming week is a productive and enjoyable one. Hugs.