document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 15, 2024

SO WHAT PLAN ARE WE ON???

It was one of those weeks--where I have to sit and think about--what did I do this past week and where am I headed????

I do know we are still in the month of--

So I guess that is a 'start'--and today makes half way through the month of Sept--so I haven't totally 'lost' it--yet!!!!

I did get this month's embroidery block by Jenny finished--

Had fun stitching these--

And the new bear got her Fall sweater knitted--
But now she needs a name--she will have seasonal sweaters to wear--I have her red one for Christmas started--unless I use it for Valentines as it is all red and knit her something more Christmasy for the Christmas sweater---
So any good ideas for her name????

And I did get this months heart block embroidered by Melisa--punkernpnkinquilting.blogspot.com



And if you notice---I did the dash lines around the outside of the heart--as Melisa does on her's!
In the beginning of the year--I was thinking I would cut around the heart and then applique it to a different fabric--so did not do the dash lines--but I did see someones blocks and really liked the dash line--sooo--I can still cut around them if I want--only time will tell--
so I kept going with these once this one was finished--

And did the dash lines around them all--even the extra one she gave us--the watering can--may have perfect project for that one!!!

I did get the Sunflower Cross stitch finished as far as the cross stitching--
And yes I started a new project this morning!!!
And I need to decide how to finish this one????

I really have not felt 'well' this week-been moving --slow--and unmotivated--as my hiatal hernia has flared it's ugly head---I have not had a flare up in years--but???  I need to totally stop eating from the dinning room downstairs--not even the 2-3 days I think is safe--but that is so hard now--that I had to start paying the $7 a day for lunch--whether I eat it or not--???? I did get a new stainless steel drinking mug--and I love it--it keeps my water cold all day--maybe it is that--that I am reacting too--it is the only new-thing I have done in the past 2 weeks--hummmm???????

Monday did go on the Van to the big Dollar Tree and Bigger Publix--we had a full van full too--got a couple fall things for decorating at the Dollar Tree--now --if I could just get in the fall 'mood'???

To add to my dark blue collection--

Tuesday was another runaround day--3 of us went--we stopped at a couple thrift stores and I was good--only bought 3 items at one of them--also stopped and picked up my new glasses--I really like them--they have larger lens and are much better for stitching--if -- they would stay on my nose and not keep falling down--I had a problem with my older pair--even after 2-3 adjustments they just like to slide down my nose!!!  Maybe I need to super glue them to my nose or add some Velcro!!!!  We also went to Denny's for pancakes--we all had a great time--Oh here is bit of a story for you--IN the one thrift store my friend Carolyn bought a large--2 foot scarecrow--the boy one-- after she paid for it we turned around and my other friend Cheryl had the lady scarecrow!!!

I really like this vase--was surprised I bought it--not my normal color????


I fell in love with cute little jar--was going to dump out what was in it--but those little 'pumpkin' looking pieces are cute too and it does still have a nice light scent--soo!!
a nice jar for storing something in!!
 
one afternoon--I went through all my ufo's and decided which to keep and which ones I wanted to do now--like a winter one and a fall one--
Oh and I did make a list of them--think with them and this years monthly projects it is at mayb 20- or so--so I need to get busy----

The rest of the week--was--doing a bit of this and a bit of that--and trying not to stress--unfortunately there is something happening or changing here all the time--and it causes 'stress'--and yes I am still having some 'smell' issues from next door!!!
My elbow is not as painful or sore--but during the day--I still have to keep a bandage on it as it is still not totally healed up--and no word yet on the biopsy!!  
Have heard from Anne--she is a bit better--but still has a long way to go--and still having trouble sleeping during the night--even with the love and company of '9' fur babies and a new mattress--which the fur babies love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING YET OR CHRISTMAS SEWING--WHAT???
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK--DI




3 comments:

Deb A said...

Sorry to hear you have been running slow this week. I think normal fall sickness is spreading around. My MIL called to cancel our going over today since she was achey and headed back to bed. Sorry to hear the food might be causing issues... but they need to allow for your accommodations for their meals provided. If they can't provide things you can eat... then you should not have to pay. Hope you have a better week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly, Di. I hope you start feeling better here soon. You have been very busy. I love seeing your haul of goodies. That is one pretty pitcher. All of your embroideries are so pretty. It is so exciting to see your heart embroideries. I can not wait to see what you do with yours. Thank you again for stitching along with me. It means more than you will ever know . And I must not forget Sunflowers and Crows- how beautiful. Have a wonderful week. Sending you well wishes. Hugs. Oh- no Christmas buying yet for me, but I see stores are starting to put out ornaments.

Kate said...

It's never fun to have that "off" feeling. Hopefully this week will be better on that front. You didn't let the feeling poorly keep you from getting out and about and came home with some fun finds. I did buy a Christmas/birthday present for Grad Girl last week. The holidays will be here before you know it.