document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 8, 2024

NO TIME FOR SQUIRRELS ---

 I sure did not have any time to play with the squirrels this past week--

There was something going on every day--but---

they were fun things for the most part--

Monday was the holiday--but I spent it going through all my 'treasures' and sorting them out--discovered I had a nice selection of 'purple' items--including a couple really pretty tea cup and saucer sets--so I set them aside and kept going--my main goal was to pack away all my pink goodies and I ended up with alittle over half full of a larger tote--and I packed and wrapped them good--on the top of the dishes, I was able to add all my pink silk flowers--and I found just the right sized smaller tote for all the purple items I had-- including purple silk flowers --I also ended up with '2' flatter totes for under the bed--one has all my birds and a few things in it the other one now has all my miscel decorating-- items in it--like some candle lights, pip berry sprays--silk ivy--and such--so I am now more organized to actually be able to decorate better--I did leave out all my dark blue to use with the Fall decorating for now!!

Tuesday was grocery shopping day--What to get to eat???--I don't buy alot of meat--but I came home with fresh salmon, tilapia, 4 burger patties and a roisterer chicken !!! most went in the freezer!!

Wednesday-- Carolyn and I went on the bus to the Mall--I had to go to my 2 banks (oh--that sounds like I have money-- don't--I only have checks for one account and needed to draw cash out of the bank I don't have checks for and walk it next door to deposit it so I could write a check for my rent--!!!! Afterwards we walked across the big parking lot to the Mall and went to the Food Court and had lunch--on the way home on the bus we stopped at the Publix plaza and I went to Bealls--and look what I found???



OH and I talked Carolyn into buying the other one that was there!!!  These are different and are light weight so will be easy to store!!

BUT-- before Carolyn and I could go to the Mall--I ended up with a dermatology appointment-(they texted me the night before that they were coming!!)  She did show up at 9am--so that was good--I have had a sore on my left elbow for awhile now--at first I thought it was super dry skin--but then noticed this round patch and no matter how I treated it --it would not go away and only got sorer and sorer-so decided I better have it looked at--she decided she needed to do a biopsy on it--I ended up with a raw circle the size of an eraser on a pencil--and now it also 'hurts'--and is really sore--one doesn't realize how much one leans on the left elbow when sewing and typing!!!  Won't hear if it is one of the skin cancers for another week!!

Thursday--Cheryl and I was suppose go do one errand--but ended up going in a different direction--I had 3 items I needed to send back to Amazon at a Staples store so we did that and went over on the beach side and had lunch and then went to 2 thrift stores--and here is my 'haul'---

I have special plans for her--she is jointed so her arms and legs move--

this is her tag--have no idea about this tag!!????



I paid only $4 for the wire basket with the pip berries and those berries are a swag and will come off so I can change them--the little truck was $4 too--



A lovely 'fox' doll--I will probably take the pumpkin out of her hands at Christmas and put something else in her hands--she was only $5 and looks like new--

a little white pitcher that I will add some fall leaves or such too--only $2--


and this cute cute  small tea cup and saucer set for only $3--I know I already packed all the pink china stuff away--but?????

I got all this at a small thrift shop that supports 3 childrens shelters --I love this shop and wished I could get there more often--it's one my friend, Carolyn used to take me to --(by the way my friend Carolyn from Ascension Manor where I lived 6 yrs ago is not doing well--she has been on oxygen for years--and her lungs are really bad now--so she can no longer go out--sad!!)

Then we went to a bigger church thrift store on the beach--big difference in prices--theirs is much higher--but I did find some knitting needles a friend was looking for and a couple little treasures to bring home--

everybody needs a crow for Fall--$2--and a hand painted pumpkin--$1--along with--
a simple Christmas mug--$1--

OH MY--this blog is about--QUILTING though--so did I get any quilting done this past week--???
a little--

I got this month's Woven Wreath finished--there is 3 afternoons, at least, of stitching on this block--I filled in my acorns!!

Saturday I spent tracing embroidery patterns--
I got this far on this months block from Jenny--

one more little hanger to go--

and I got this far on the newest


counted cross stitch that I am doing from Melisa--and I see today she has a squirrel one coming out soon that I know I will have to do--

Did get more hand quilting done on the Country quilt--



There is some other blocks I did that didn't make it in this photo--

And one new baby sweater was finished and another one or two started!!!

An update on Anne--she is doing better--still a ways from being well again--she is on lots of antibiotics--and is going to be going to physical therapy to help her balance so she doesn't keep falling--but she tickles me cause she is still talking and wanting to get back to quilting, baking, and gardening--she hates just sitting around--she has some numb fingers too--so no hand work right now!!

WE ARE HAVING A RAINY DAY HERE--SO TIME FOR ME TO CURL UP IN MY ROCKER WITH SOME SLOW STITCHING-
HOW ABOUT YOU????
HUGS, DI




3 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good afternoon, Di and Happy Sunday. You made a great haul this week. I loved seeing all of your treasures. You have certainly been staying busy. It is so much fun to see your progress on all of your projects. Sunflowers and Crows looks fabulous. Thank you so much for adding it to your stitching list. Hugs

Maria said...

Gee Di I’m surprised you have enough room in your apartment for all the treasures you find in thrift shops…..
After busy being out and about you still managed some nice stitch and complete another sweet cardigan.

Kate said...

You had a treasure filled week along with all that stitching time. So glad you got out and about with a friend. Fingers crossed the biopsy comes back with nothing scary. I have to go back to the dermatologist next week as a follow up to the pre-cancerous spot they removed from my back.