document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 20, 2024

IN THE 'BLUES'---



 Didn't have time to get in a blue mood as far as moods go--was really busy all week--with '3' trips to go shopping--As usual started Monday off with the Van trip to Walmart--and again a full Van load of  residents--I picked up a few things I will need for packing and getting ready for the move the first part of November--wanted a small electric screw gun--(need to remove some curtain rods that are holding my quilts on the walls--the gal who put them up--used her own gun)!!!!  Well--Walmart had them and some other tools in a locked glass case and there was no one around or  even in asking--for someone to come and unlock it--S0000--I will order a pretty pink one from Amazon instead!!!!

Monday afternoon my RN --Emma came to see me--all seems good with me--she is due to have her baby sometime this month--a baby boy--!!

On Wednesday morning the Blood lab lady came and sucked some blood out of me--later, Carolyn and I went on the bus to Publix--In the afternoon I started on this project--

My Blue Heart quilt--


 I got 4 rows all laid out  and sewn together--

On  Thursday the Dr office to tell me my Potassium level I

is low and that they called in a prescription to Publix for me--opps--I don't take those kind of prescriptions--plus it was gonna cost me $17 to pick it up--even with my insurance --instead, me and Carolyn went on the bus--(that is after some 'drama' here with the bus--???)--but we got there--and I, in the meantime had looked up foods high in potassium--and shopped for veggies and banana's--also did buy a bottle of regular potassium vitamin--and the Insurance paid for that Vitamin!!!! 


Came home and got the second 4 rows of the quilt sewn together--but had 6 of the applique heart blocks left and some of the 4 patches left--so I added a row at the top and the bottom of the quilt with just them--and got the first outer border sewed on--


So on Saturday--I was back at the sewing machine doing the outside border and making the backing--then the fun of all the pressing and layering and wrestling with it all-it is a larger quilt for me than I usually do--this one came out 48 by 57"--it is all pinned and on the big white table for basting this next week--



Do you remember me telling you that I was doing some special blocks for this quilt???  Well-those are the embroidered blocks in the photos--I designed some heart embroideries using a couple of my embroidery stitch's books--!!!

And yes I did do some other things this week--

Got Melisa's October embroidery block done-


and here is where I am on the counted cross stitching project--

That is gonna be one big crow!!!!

And here is where I am on the 3rd Fall design I am doing--


There is still some little fall leaves to stitch and some tiny acorns--!!

And another little heavier sweater got knitted--

 
Oh and don't forget I am hand quilting on the Christmas Sunbonnet Sue quilt--I do work on it alittle each evening--before I knit for awhile--

I got my 'new' desk in on Saturday--of course it is all in a box--in pieces--I ordered it from Amazon--and here is a bit of a story for you--my friend Carolyn came by to help me with checking out a couple new things I want/need for the apartment--one was the desk--I had in my cart at Amazon--I noticed the price was $129--but I was pretty sure that wasn't the price when I put it in the cart--so clicked on it and it went back to the regular page and sure enough it was only $99--we did decide it was a good deal and was --hopefully is--what I need--then we seen I only had 14 minutes to order it for that price--so I reput it in my cart deleted the other one and also seen I could get $10 off too--which more than covered the sales tax--so my final total was only $96!!!! And it came already--and that box is heavy--but won't be putting it together till I get moved!!!

Well--it's time for racing--so need to go--

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK--TAKE TIME TO ENJOY NATURE THIS WEEK AND AN OUTING WITH A FREIND AND LET ME KNOW ALL ABOUT IT--
HUGSS, DI





No comments: