document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 27, 2024

TRICK OR TREAT--SMELL MY---

 Smell my feet--for what ever reason this is one rythme I will never forget--not sure why--we did not celebrate Halloween or trick or treating much when I was young--and even when I had kids we didn't go every year--when I did take them I made their outfits!!!

Yesterday--Saturday--I walked to the Harvest Thyme cafe two doors down the street and this is what greeted me--


A real 'Tin Man'---it seems that whole downtown area was having a 'trick or treat' day-- the business's where handing out 'goodies'--he even had 'water' in his oil can so the kids could 'oil' his joints!!!!  I went inside and ordered a slice of the Artichoke and spinach quiche--and watched as all the little ones and some big ones marched up and down the street collecting their goodies --I seen some neat costumes--even alot of the parents were dressed up!!!  

On the little table where I sat--was this beautiful floral display--

such pretty fresh flowers--had to take a photo of them--!!


I was not able to go on the Van shopping last Monday--tummy issues--which continued most of the week--think-- now it was the new vitamin I was taking--so have ordered my 'old' one again, to take--plus being low on potassium I guess didn't help either as for energy and well being???

I did get the 3rd Fall piece embroidered--


Then I decided to just keep going with it and the other '2' and did a wall hanging--and by --golly--I got the whole thing finished for hanging--


I found the fabric with the acorns on it and knew it was perfect--only--I was a bit 'short' so went looking in my orange bag of fabric and found the rusty looking solid and with putting a strip of it between the blocks I had just enough of the acorn fabric to do the outside borders----so got it layered that day and next morning got it basted and then away I went with the hand quilting--had even cut the binding fabric --so it got sewn on --and a finish is done for the week!!!

I also finished the Crow and mouse Cross stitching this morning--


And --of course mine is a bit different--I did fall colored leaves--instead of all green leaves and did not do the big fancy stars--I think I need a name for the mouse and the crow--seeing I have more of these critters to stitch ?????? now to put this into a finished for display piece!!

And I did get another sweater knitted--

This sweater is a green green-much darker than the photo!!!

It was a 'slow' moving week--I did keep busy--but in slow mode--so am happy to have gotten done what I did get done--

Now I need to get busy on packing up the apartment for the move on Nov 7th--but I honestly don't know where to start--but I am sure 'time' will tell me--but first this afternoon is a race'n afternoon  and some slow stitching and knitting will get done--and tomorrow is grocery shopping day with a stop at JoAnn's fabrics for a couple things--!!!!!

SO  HAPPY TRICK OR TREAT DAY--AND DON'T FORGET TO 'TREAT' YOURSELF WITH SOMETHING 'SWEET' THIS WEEK---
HUGS, DI




No comments: