document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 16, 2026

I THINK I AM IN SLOW MODE--

 Or at least it feels that way--I mean here it is --half of  August is gone-gone- gone--and it seems I don't have alot to show--every night when I go to bed and quickly think about what I did that day--I wonder how come it took me all day-- to do only what I did do!!!!!

Ok--so for this week--

I got the '2' wool blocks stitched in the monthly BOM from Attic heirlooms--


We had a Hen to and a Rooster to do--done!!!

And this months Roundabout from Melisa--


I got the embroidery done and decided on a purple Dresden plate border--(this is the 2nd border I made for this one--somehow the first one came out too big--sigh!!!

and I got the little cross stitch monthly Tiny House finished--from Melisa-

Sewing that braid trim on around the house takes about an hour--it is worth it--but-sometimes at the time of the stitching I am not always happy about it--but I can only be upset with me as it is me who decided to do this trim!!!!!!!!!!---I --forgot that I would have to do this trim--12 times--only 4 more times to go--!!!  My little lighted tree is getting full!!

and more of the color yellow jewel hearts got stitched up--

my favorites in this batch is, of course, the little chick one and little yellow duck one!!!

And two blue basket blocks have been appliqued--
I have more prepared to stitch and some more designs to play with for this quilt--!!!!


And I have -- once a week --been working on outline work on this cross stitch--it is my Sunday slow stitch project--


And a new squirrel ran into my Cross stitch time--

This is a free stitch from Primrose Cottage--can you guess why I had to do this one????
If it's because of the two little lambs--you are right--all this stitching cause of two little lambs--Di you are crazy!!!!

And one more little sweater is done--

I have done a couple others--but they didn't ask for their 'photo' to be taken for some reason???

Monday morning on our Van we went to Walmart--and on Thursday  went on the local bus to our little Publix for  a couple items and to do a return to Bealls--on the ride home-we had a bus driver who would speed up and then slam on the brakes--over and over--all the way back which is probably only a 2 mile or less route--but lots of "bumps" and rumble strips --and my cart was heavy with 4 gallons of water--so my body got pulled and jerked all around--I hurt for 2 days after that trip--what is wrong with these drivers???????    So I did get out and about 2 mornings--in the heat--but with some sunshine--which I love--cause once I get home--dear sweet home--I don't go again--unless I have to check mail and do some trash--OH talking about 'food'--what are suppose to eat????  I have always felt for the last 30 years I have ate a fairly clean diet--but---one of the things I recently got into eating was the Boulder regular potato chips in the Avocado oil--thinking that was far better than the seed oils for the other chips--I have always loved my potato chips--I have noticed at times that I felt the taste of them was--off--but --still--and now I find out it's not a 'safe' oil--may not even be Avocado oil on them--grrrrrr!!
WHY IS ALL OUR FOOD FILLED AND COATED WITH POISION--what is the matter with our government and the companies that make our food?????  all I can say is--some day they will have to answer to God!!!!---sorry about my rant--!!!

BACK TO GOOD THOUGHTS AND PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER OR FALL--WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON--
WITH HUGS, LOVE, AND BLESSINGS, DI



7 comments:

Julierose said...

So loving the dresdens around Melisa's embroideries...so pretty...
Nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are keeping busy! Those tiny houses of Melisa's are pulling at me - yours are so cute made as ornaments for the tree. Sorry to hear about the yucky van ride. Hope it's a different driver next time!

Kate said...

You did get a lot done. But I get the feeling, I frequently think why didn't more get done. The Dresden Plate border for the Roundabout embroidery projects is such a cool idea. That purple is so pretty. Has the vertigo gotten better?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, Di you have had a very busy week with so many wonderful projects. I just love your Dresden Plate Roundabout. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful and your Tiny House is the sweetest. Aaaw the little cardigan- just darling. I am so sorry to hear about the rough ride home from the grocery store. I hope you are doing ok. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

Carol said...

My first visit here, but your projects are so cute! The chicks and ducks are super cute

Deb A said...

So sorry about the van ride. I hope you have a better driver this week. I think you got loads done! Absolutely LOVE the dresden surround of the pretty embroidery. I agree on the food.... even if you make things from scratch, the supply chains are failing us and it is not acceptable. I miss when the government was helping people.

Julie said...

Hello Di .. gosh your work is just beautiful, I especially love the wool hen blocks & the Dresden plate block. I often feel as though I am in "slow mode" too ... especially compared to when I used to churn out work a lot faster. I think we need to go easy on ourselves. Wishing you a lovely week ahead Di. xx