document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, August 24, 2026

WORDS --I SAY TO MYSELF ALL THE TIME!!!

 We will talk about them--later--

First we have to do--Show and Tell--

I actually sat at the sewing machine for a couple days this past week--it seems I do alot of hand work-but rarely get to just sit and sew--

First sitting on my ironing board was a pile of 8 patches from '2' mini charms that I used as my leaders n enders--and they were at a point were I needed to sew them into a flimsy--

the little squares had to do with ''cats"


So that got done and then I went to work sewing jelly roll strips together--now I have been reading that we need to sew up some of our favorite fabrics--especially some of the older ones--

And I had this one jelly roll forever--I believe--and I just loved how pretty all the colors were all rolled up--there was some black in the this jelly roll and a couple or more years ago someone sent me another jelly roll of black prints--so I have combined them and made these squares--so far--


I have 2 sets of 17--8" blocks now to play with--may need to do one more set at least --but I need to lay these out and play with them and decide on size of quilt--I sure did have fun sewing them--nothing frustrating about these (well--except for about 5--that the seam was too narrow on one piece and I was afraid it might pull out--so out came the seam ripper!!!!


And some more blue baskets got appliqued--I have a total of 18 designed--so need to do 2 more and make it 20--then have to start filling some of the baskets?????

Got just a few leftover yellow jewel hearts and a couple basic ones finished--


And here is where I am on my Counted Cross stitch project--


there will be a total wreath going all the around the house scene when done--So now do I work on this again this week and try to finish it--or--Mrs. Claus seems to be begging to come out of 'timeout' and be worked on--oh my--which one will I work on?????

And another little sweater is all finished--


And of course a new one is on the needles!!!

I did keep some money out this month--so if I seen a good sale on layer cakes, jelly rolls--I could order them-- and I found 3-4 on Missouri Quilts Daily specials--the price of Layer cakes and jelly rolls are very expensive now--no way can I afford one full price--I found a couple jelly rolls in blues for about $23 each--and one in oranges for $23--and I need oranges--it's on it's way--also found this layer cake for about $24--




I did think this was more pink--instead it is a wine/plum color--but still a good bargain--!!!

*****************

Ok--

Now I think we all talk to ourselves--whether under our breathe or out loud--I have gotten to be more of a 'out loud' one here at home--here is a few things I say these days---

Of course----naturally---knew that was gonna happen--PLEASE--you have got to be kiddin me--why did you???---

now these words are usually said cause--something fell on the floor--I can be right over a waste basket with 3 items to throw away and at least one will fall on the floor instead--sometimes all 3 items!!!!  I can look at something and it will roll off the table ( or I swear will roll off just because it wants to upset me)----I could go on--but I think you get my 'picture'????

*********************

I started my week off with my AC dying over the weekend--it got pretty warm in here last night--luckily I have 3 small fans around the apartment and I was able to put them close by the bed so I could sleep--and even though I did call the office for a work order--I thought I heard the work men in my hallway--so went out and they were already replacing an air conditioner for another tenant--so they had all the equipment--expect for going down to get another air conditioner for my apartment--it took them a whole 15 minutes to replace it--so by 8:30 I was getting cooled off again--and for once--they left me no mess to clean up after they left---yeah!!!!

And one other note--last week I told you about an ride issue--it was not my Monday morning Van shopping trip--nice driver there--it is the City Bus service that we have the problem with drivers--I guess I really should not complain as the ride for Seniors is free!!!!

Thank you all who leave comments--I appreciate each and every one!

SO I HEAR WE ARE ALL COOLING DOWN SOME--(OR WARMING UP)--BUT WE NEED TO KEEP WORKING ON OUR LOVELY PROJECTS AS --YEP--AS CHRISTMAS IS COMING ON REALLY FAST!!!!!!!

HUGS, AND BEST WISHES FOR A GREAT WEEK--DI



4 comments:

Julierose said...

Loving those postage hearts, Di--all your projects are coming along so well--baskets is really pretty. Nice works Hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Hi Di, been catching up on blog reading and see you’ve been very busy working on your projects.
Loving the pretty blue baskets , the sweet baby cardigans. The jewel hearts 💛.
Your small charm squares have grown into a lovely flimsy and also you bought some great fabrics …
Hugs Maria

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so glad to hear that the air conditioning was fixed quickly, Di. Oh , all of your projects are so beautiful. Do you already have an idea on what you are going to fill the gorgeous blue baskets with? Have a lovely week, Di. Hugs.

Kate said...

Air conditioning problems are no joke, we've had our share this summer and it hasn't been fun. Glad you got yours fixed so quickly. You've got some fun projects in the works as always. Your jelly row squares are very fun. Looking forward to seeing how those come together in a quilt.