document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, August 24, 2026

WORDS --I SAY TO MYSELF ALL THE TIME!!!

 We will talk about them--later--

First we have to do--Show and Tell--

I actually sat at the sewing machine for a couple days this past week--it seems I do alot of hand work-but rarely get to just sit and sew--

First sitting on my ironing board was a pile of 8 patches from '2' mini charms that I used as my leaders n enders--and they were at a point were I needed to sew them into a flimsy--

the little squares had to do with ''cats"


So that got done and then I went to work sewing jelly roll strips together--now I have been reading that we need to sew up some of our favorite fabrics--especially some of the older ones--

And I had this one jelly roll forever--I believe--and I just loved how pretty all the colors were all rolled up--there was some black in the this jelly roll and a couple or more years ago someone sent me another jelly roll of black prints--so I have combined them and made these squares--so far--


I have 2 sets of 17--8" blocks now to play with--may need to do one more set at least --but I need to lay these out and play with them and decide on size of quilt--I sure did have fun sewing them--nothing frustrating about these (well--except for about 5--that the seam was too narrow on one piece and I was afraid it might pull out--so out came the seam ripper!!!!


And some more blue baskets got appliqued--I have a total of 18 designed--so need to do 2 more and make it 20--then have to start filling some of the baskets?????

Got just a few leftover yellow jewel hearts and a couple basic ones finished--


And here is where I am on my Counted Cross stitch project--


there will be a total wreath going all the around the house scene when done--So now do I work on this again this week and try to finish it--or--Mrs. Claus seems to be begging to come out of 'timeout' and be worked on--oh my--which one will I work on?????

And another little sweater is all finished--


And of course a new one is on the needles!!!

I did keep some money out this month--so if I seen a good sale on layer cakes, jelly rolls--I could order them-- and I found 3-4 on Missouri Quilts Daily specials--the price of Layer cakes and jelly rolls are very expensive now--no way can I afford one full price--I found a couple jelly rolls in blues for about $23 each--and one in oranges for $23--and I need oranges--it's on it's way--also found this layer cake for about $24--




I did think this was more pink--instead it is a wine/plum color--but still a good bargain--!!!

*****************

Ok--

Now I think we all talk to ourselves--whether under our breathe or out loud--I have gotten to be more of a 'out loud' one here at home--here is a few things I say these days---

Of course----naturally---knew that was gonna happen--PLEASE--you have got to be kiddin me--why did you???---

now these words are usually said cause--something fell on the floor--I can be right over a waste basket with 3 items to throw away and at least one will fall on the floor instead--sometimes all 3 items!!!!  I can look at something and it will roll off the table ( or I swear will roll off just because it wants to upset me)----I could go on--but I think you get my 'picture'????

*********************

I started my week off with my AC dying over the weekend--it got pretty warm in here last night--luckily I have 3 small fans around the apartment and I was able to put them close by the bed so I could sleep--and even though I did call the office for a work order--I thought I heard the work men in my hallway--so went out and they were already replacing an air conditioner for another tenant--so they had all the equipment--expect for going down to get another air conditioner for my apartment--it took them a whole 15 minutes to replace it--so by 8:30 I was getting cooled off again--and for once--they left me no mess to clean up after they left---yeah!!!!

And one other note--last week I told you about an ride issue--it was not my Monday morning Van shopping trip--nice driver there--it is the City Bus service that we have the problem with drivers--I guess I really should not complain as the ride for Seniors is free!!!!

Thank you all who leave comments--I appreciate each and every one!

SO I HEAR WE ARE ALL COOLING DOWN SOME--(OR WARMING UP)--BUT WE NEED TO KEEP WORKING ON OUR LOVELY PROJECTS AS --YEP--AS CHRISTMAS IS COMING ON REALLY FAST!!!!!!!

HUGS, AND BEST WISHES FOR A GREAT WEEK--DI



No comments: