document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 13, 2026

BLESS YOUR 'PEA PICKIN' HEART

 This was one of my Granny's favorite sayings--and I don't know why--but as I was working on a project at my desk this week--that saying came to my mind--and it's still there--so for all my blog reader's I just want to say--Bless you--and have a wonderful week!!

So what have I been up to this week--

I did get this months Tiny House all cross stitched--


and I have the border fabric ready and the trim--just need to do the finishing on it--And I do believe that I did not change anything this month expect the colors of the floss for the sunflowers--oh--and a funny--not really-story--I got the border all stitched in and then the next morning cross stitched the grass in and was ready to stitch the last stem/leaf in for the Sunflowers--and realized my stitch count was off--what??? I realized I had turned the design the wrong way and was stitching it all in on the long width--so you know what had to happen before I could go on--???? Thank you, Melisa--

This months wool block came in the mail and now it is finished--


this block--was fun to stitch--and looks great with the rest of the blocks--

And here is 2 more of the Blue blocks done--


I also have 2 more baskets with something inside the baskets all cut out for applique, next--

And I got some more--purpleorange jewel hearts made--


And on Sundays I am try'n to work on projects that I don't usually do during the week and last Sunday I got the 4th Heart all crewel embroidered to go with this set--

the one on the lower left was the one that sat in my crewel work basket for a very long time--I do have a plan for how I am going to finish these 4 hearts--

And I got this embroidered Hexagon piece stitched to the background fabric and then yesterday got it layer with batting and backing and basted all ready for hand quilting--
and I also got this one layered and basted for hand work--


I also spent 2 mornings this week in the kitchen cooking up some things for easy meals and putting them in the freezer--and some extra house chores--as this next week I am hoping to do some real cleaning and sorting and getting some fall things out of storage--guess it is that time of the year--it's so hard to know when Fall is here --here in Florida-as it is still hot and muggy here!!!!

I do have a couple outside photos to share with you this week--

First I found this on the ground behind our building one day when I was walking around the building--how interesting it looked laying there--
Bit later at the bus stop at Publix--I took these sky photos--


I do love watching how our clouds built on top of each other--and this one--reminded me of what a tornado looks like--only they are much darker of colors!!!!

WELL--I HAVE LISTENED TO ALOT OF COVERAGE OF 9-11 AND LEARNED SOME INTERSETING THINGS AND SEEN SOME NEW TO ME--PHOTOS--I STILL FEEL SO SAD FOR EACH ONE WHO LOST THEIR LIFE THAT DAY--I ALSO SEEN THIS AND JUST NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THEM AND THIER WORK THAT DAY--


MY HOPE IS EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEK AND DOES SOMETHING JUST FOR FUN--
HUGS, DI



6 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

LOL I still use that saying, Di.I guess I got it from my Nanny. Your Tiny Sunflower House is adorable. Gosh, I hate that the old ripper had to come out for a spell. Your wool applique is gorgeous- oh my the crock and jug- swoon. Great idea on dedicating the weekend to projects you haven't worked on during the week; I need to try that too. I have been watching the 9/11 coverage too; it is still heartbreaking. I wish you a very lovely week. Hugs.

Barwitzki said...

You’ve sewn so many lovely things... you’ve been very busy.
I’m thrilled with the wool block and the hexagon piece... oh, and the Christmas tree is so cut.
Best regards, Viola

Julierose said...

Boy, Di--you've sure been busy with your stitcheries--all so lovely--it is so enjoyable reading about your doings.. hugs, Julierose

loulee said...

I'm a new reader. I just have to say Wow! What a busy week. Love those tiny stitched hexies. They are on my list to do. I have the book here ready for that 'one day'.

Maria said...

So much work on the lovely projects this week.
Some great photos too.

Kate said...

You've moved so many projects to the almost finished pile. Congrats on that. Hope you had a really good week and got all your fall decor out and set up. I agree, it's hard to think it's fall when the temps don't much up.