The first week of the month always seems a bit busy for me--this month was really busy!!!
Monday--I kitted up 2 new cross stitch projects--one is Halloween and one is Christmas--then I hopped the city bus and went to Publix for water and some groceries-- in the afternoon I worked on applique of one of the basket blocks--and by the end of the week I had 2 more finished--
On Tuesday morning I went on the Van that comes (usually on Mondays-but we did Tuesday this week) and bought some paper products--real exciting??????
But Tuesday afternoon I got to do something I had not done in at least 2 years or more--I got to go to an actual Quilt shop--Called--Sew much Fun--it is just 4 miles up the road from me--but just don't have anyone who drives and likes fabric--but I emailed a lady from the Quilt Guild who I had met and only lives less than a mile from me if she was going and she said 'yes'- so she picked me up and away we went---- I mainly went to find backing for this project--
I have tried several fabrics and nothing worked--so decided I need to go into a store to find something--was trying a couple things--when Karen --the gal who took me--showed up with a bolt of fabric and said what about this one--and by golly--it did the trick--
I never would of picked it out-- to try!!! but it sets off the little hexies perfectly!!
So, did, I buy some other fabrics--of course I did--
got an older piece of Tilda fabric for my grandmother flower garden--
4 fall -- Halloween fabrics--really like all 4 of these--and yes there is black cats in with the pumpkins!!!
3 Christmas fabrics--love this Gingerbread one--the house the Santa mug ,the tree with the little gingerbreads on it,--on and on-- and the cute red one with the cute little gingerbreads and then candy canes--
and got 3 yards of this one--from the sale shelf for $5 yd--thinking backings for kids quilts--maybe???
And this color wheel fabric--for a contest they are having there using this panel--and the purple one goes with it--have about '2' whole ideas so far???????????????
Wednesday was a house work chores day--but then I started working on 4 blocks --that the quilt club is collecting for a quilt--and would you believe I totally forgot to take a photo of them--I am upset with myself--I will just have to make a couple more--so I can do a photo--!!!!
Thursday was some errands here--like paying the rent--visiting with a resident who is getting over a surgery--and working on those flowers--was suppose to get my hair trimmed when I got there she was doing a perm--she said I did not have an appointment--yet I has watched her write it down--(perms pay more that a trim????) so will go next week!!!
worked on some heart jewels and finished up the blocks for quilt club--
Friday morning was Quilt club at my local library and so I was on the bus at 9:15 am--they had a nice meeting and I met two friendly ladies--Anita and Cindy--so enjoyed the time there and from their donation table this little pile came home with me--
Opps--can hardly see the pretty gold one in the middle--all the rest are winter/Christmas prints!!
Since then I have gotten some orange done--
Have more ready to stitch together in the orange--
And in cross stitching--I got 2 projects started--


The top one is the cutes little Ghost--and the bottom one is this months Tiny House--
Yesterday when I was working on the house--got that strip of grass in and was ready to stitch the last stem and leaf in, when I realized there was a problem--I had turned the cloth wrong--so had to unstitch it all and turn the cloth and restitch it--fun!!!!!!
And you probably can't tell what new outlining I have done on this piece--but I wanted to show it again so it is recorded that I am working on--on Sunday mornings--
Oh--and last Sunday I got Augusts Christmas ornament embroidered--
Have a red, green, and now a gold one--was thinking each month would be a different color--now--am wondering if I just want to repeat these 3 colors!!????
We had an actual Tornado warning last night--some a bit north of here had winds to 65 miles per hour so some damage--here is a couple photos I took a bit later in the evening--
A really pretty rain bow and later the air turned 'yellow' here it looks almost pink--but it was yellow--have seen some really good photos on facebook of how yellow it was!!!!
I FEEL SO BAD THAT SOME OF YOU ARE STILL HAVE VERY HIGH HEAT TEMPS--WHERE AS, WE HERE IN FLORIDA WHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE HOT--ARE ONLY IN LOW 90'S--WE STILL DO HAVE SOME HUMIDITY--BUT NOTHING LIKE WE DID IN AUGUST--SILLY WEATHER!!!! TAKE CARE AND STAY INSIDE AND KEEP SEWING--
HUGS, AND LAUGHTER TO EACH OF YOU--DI
No comments:
Post a Comment