document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 4, 2026

PUMPKINS AND A GHOST--PLUS

 Good afternoon--you all--for many I see the hot hot weather is slowly walking out the door to hide till next year!!  Yet, the Nascar race is in Las Vegas today, and it's 100 degrees or at least it was yesterday there!!  so in the cars it gets to 120 degrees and they are in those cars for 4-5 hours or so at those temps--so I am feeling really 'cool' her in Florida, at only 85, and a bit humidity still in the air!!!!

So what has everyone been up to in the last 10 days or so since I posted last???

Here is some of the things I have worked on--

First up I did finish this little counted cross I found online ( or facebook???)


They used some light airy lace--for the curtain--I did not have anything that would work--then I remembered my stash of old hankies and found this one and it seems to have worked really well!!  I just love that cute little tea pot--this Ghost takes after me--tea drinker!!!!  (livingontherainbow)

Finished September's Country Hart design--


I made Chocolate cake with a strawberry filling!!! YUM---

I got the rest of Sept's orange jewel hearts all done--


And last night I got all the 'light colored ones' stitched up--

Now to prepare some in black, grey and browns to work on for Oct and Nov--

And I have already gotten this month's Tiny House all finished--

Can't believe it is done for the month, in 3 days time--I love the 3 little pumpkins in a row--Thank you, Melisa--

And I was finally able to get back to working on my blue baskets--

You know I have to have a 'cat' in one block--


OH--- and birds and a rabbit!!!

I did spend alot of time on packing up all my pink dishes and spring/summer items, and then getting out of storage all the Fall items--I am at the point now where I can actually decorate with the Fall things!!!



These two photos are more for my reminder that I did them-- as for the sweater --and that I am continuing to work on outlining on the cross stitch bird piece--I did a bit more on the bird piece this morning--

*******
In other news--
I can not fix the old cart--my new cart is smaller--but am using it for now--as this month I had a big expense with a new air purifying machine--I buy Winix ones--the last one started making a noise--and I decided it was time to replace it--that one I had for over 6 years and it ran 24 hours a day --every day!!  I have to run one to be able to breathe and do what I do---this new one is even nicer and is sooo quiet--and it doesn't need filter changes as often as the last one--so hopefully a win-win!!
When we did the Monday Van trip this week--I did stand in the aisle and did watch the lift operation--and I do see now how my cart could have gotten broken--so that mystery is a bit solved!! 

Now if I just knew for sure--what is safe to buy in the grocery store to eat--I would be a little happier!!  How does one buy groceries today????  I am sure that the dining room downstairs has served us some of the lab grown chicken--so don't go down for chicken there any more--like I said I may go down once a week to get lunch--last week--there was nothing I felt was healthy or safe to eat--not one thing--this week one of the alternatives is--Spam fried rice--what--?????  Now don't get me wrong--I ate some spam growing up--we  used to grate it up--add mayo and pickle relish for sandwich meat--but I can all most bet you it is not the same meat as back then--plus we were young--now we are old and need better nutritious food for our bodies!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME TO SAY--HAVE A WONDERFUL HEALTHY WEEK WITH LOTS OF STITCHING, AND TIME WITH FAMILY AND FREINDS    
HUGS, AND GREAT WISHES--DI



No comments: