document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 9, 2019

FUN AND BUSY TIMES

here at Di's place--
we are finally having some sunshine--
and you know how happy sunshine makes me!!!

Thursday--
morning I did some house cleaning--
as the housekeeper here--Melinda--
came to do this at 10 am--
Cleaned my windows--
and we had a nice chat while she did them--
there is 3 large ones here in the main room and 2 smaller ones in the bedroom!!
I really did not think they looked that dirty--
but after she left--
I was surprised to realize just how 'clean' and clear they are now--
and that is good cause I take alot of photos from the living room windows!!!
Yes --that is Chip in the photo!!!

Friday--
was a busy day--
did my  Walmart walk in the morning--
and during lunch our fire alarm went off--third time this week!!!
once we could come back into the building and I finished my computer work--
I did walk over to the yarn shop to see my friend Sue--
while sitting there visiting another friend of her's came in--
and she is the one who mentioned it really--
all '3' of us had on the same color tops--of a deep coral color--
all the tops were different--
but all the same exact color!!!!  and Sue was knitting a shop sample and that yarn
was the same color--so funny, really--
and yes--
yarn came home with me along with a new pattern--
mine will not be this large--much smaller--there is stopping points on this pattern--
and the one that Sue did for the shop is small and just fits nicely on your shoulders--
I found the yarn first and then she showed me the shawl!!!!

Saturday--
I was up at 7 am and my girl friend Ginny picked me up at 7:45 am and we went up the lake--
to the Amish Farmer market at the Windmill--
(hope this looks like a windmill??)
I wanted to shop at the Kitchen booth they have up there--
was looking for a couple things--
and I did find them--
I also found the little red truck --Christmas ornament at the Basket shop--
and the dragon fly fabric at a Fabric booth--
and other then 2 more flowers at a booth--this is all I bought--
we where back home by 9:30--
( the crowd hits at 10 usually and then it is very hard to get around and to actually see things--
so we always go early--as it opens at 8am!!)

When I got home it was still laundry day and no one in the laundry room so that is where
I spent the rest of the morning--
in the afternoon I had just sat down in the rocker to stitch and watch the smaller race--
and guess what--
yep--fire alarm went off again--which made it '4' times in one weeks time!!!!

Remember I found this in my wool basket on Wednesday--
well--
here it is now--
Yep--all finished--
finished the 'bees' this morning--
after playing in my garden with the 2 new flowers--
it is all done--
lots of hours stitching on this for the last 3-4 nights--
it will go in this frame at some point--
and at Christmas this one will go back in it!!!!

Chip what are you doing in that hanging basket???
are you trying to hide some seeds---or do you just like digging in the dirt????

HAVE A GREAT WEEK WITH LOVED ONES--BE SURE --
TO  TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM THIS WEEK--
LUV, DI



3 comments:

Carol said...

Di, you are some shopper! Always coming home with goodies! lol Your hanging basket is so pretty! Wanna come do my garden for me? ;-)

Sorry about so many fire alarms. I hope (or maybe not) that they were for real emergencies!

Linda in Calif. said...

Di, such an enjoyable post. I enjoyed spending your week with you. I spied that egg separator - pretty slick gadget and so cute. Yes the windmill looks like a windmill, and when I saw the window - I thought Oh Di cleaned her windows. Doesn't clean windows make life nicer? Cute little chip - he makes me laugh.

Raewyn said...

Lovely to see what you are up to Di. I love the alphabet piece you have just finished - great idea to have the two 'works of art' sharing the same frame. Little Chip is too cute - it looks like he keeps you well entertained! Your little inchies are such a great record of your day.