document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, June 6, 2019

THREADS 4 SALE--

We will get to them in a minute--
but first some catching up to date on the Inchy's--

Sunday's
the Inchy is--

As I worked on this basket block
while watching the NASCAR race--
one of the more detailed oneS in the set of  '20'--
The pattern that these blocks came from is called--
"Aunt Bea's Parlor" by Black Cat Creations--

And cause some have asked--
this is how an Inchy is born here at "Di's design shop"!!
I do a rough sketch in my little notebook--
then it gets redone with a washout maker on the Hexie--
which is set on a piece of fine sandpaper to hold it steady--
then we stitch!!

Monday--
This is my world every single day--
I live in NY now--but every decision I make is usually based on my move
back to Florida --one of these days--
so it is like living in 2 worlds at the same time!!

Tuesday--
Anne came and after visiting for an hour--
we headed to Walmart--
as I noticed the day before there--
they had redone their fabric aisle and they had a whole huge bin
with sale fabric--and I know she likes the small prints for her
quilt backings---
and the answer is YES--
I did also purchase 2 pieces--
I liked this one --and got the grey pin-dot for lattice or backing??
This was the first fabric sale or fabric shopping that  Anne and I have done
since I came back--we both miss the fabric store that was here in town!!

Wednesday--

I was thinking about Florida and happened to remember that I had a basket--
full of spools of wool thread--and that it is heavy--so I wouldn't want to ship
it back to Fl--and then I also remembered that I had a half finished piece in the basket--
and I knew I wanted (needed)to get it finished--
so out it came and am happy to say that there has been more work done on this piece--
but today I had to re-iron some of the freezer paper patterns down on the wool as they
had come loose--that got done this morning--so we will work on this again this after noon!!

Now for the SALE--
part--
I discovered I had nearly 65 or so spools of this this wool thread--

So in this bag is 40 spools of this wool Aurifil thread for sale--
Now--I was thinking they were $5.95 a spool--
So that would be $240 worth--
but guess what--at Red Rock where I got them--they are $12.95 a spool--
that's right--$12.95-which equals $540.00-- Wow and Ouch!!!!
But I will sell this whole bag, of 40 spools, for ONLY $100--to any one who would like it--
so pass the word!!!!  Lots of colors--and it is nice thread to work with and looks
 nice on the wool projects--ads a touch of class to wool work!!!!

It turned chillly here again today--though finally the sun is coming out a bit--
so maybe it will warm up some--

OH and this bird--
is a youngster--- Robin
I knew the coloring of the back was that of a Robin--
but have never seen the 'freckles' on ones' body before--
Even Anne was surprised that is it a Robin--
And talking about birds mine are waiting for their daily feeding--
so best go for now--

LOVE SOME NATURE TODAY--
LUV, DI


3 comments:

Karen said...

I made that same piece with the rabbit and bee skep.

Kate said...

So still no word on getting back to Florida? Hopefully that will happen before next winter. I love the tree and house fabric, very cute. Happy stitching this weekend.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I hope you hear from Florida soon. Cute Robin, I wouldn’t have known it was one either.
Hugs.