document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, June 13, 2019

SINCE SUNDAY--

I have been really busy--
or else time is even going 'faster'!!!

Sunday's Inchy--
was for---
the frogs--
times '3'---
first when I worked on my counted cross stitching--
I had for 'frog' the days work out-was off by one thread!!!
got that going correctly though before I went on with the day--

Late afternoon--
I got all ready to watch the race--
only it was rained off--
but --
I ended up 'frogging' 2 knit projects I had started--
the first one was being knitted in silk yarn and was to be a shawl--
but was too much like a long scarf and not wide enough to suit me--!!
so--we unknitted that back into 3 balls of yarn--
Then I was not happy with how 'wide' the last pair of socks was coming along--
so they got 'frogged' back into balls of yarn!!!!

I did go out and play in the flower barrel again--
planting the 2 plants I had gotten at the windmill--
this is the 'hot pink' geranium I got--
here is the barrel now--
and a clay pot of viola's
 Love these tiny babies!!!!!

Monday's inchy--
what in the world is this --Di????
Oh maybe it is another knitting project???
Yep--using the new yarn!!!
and the race was on Monday evening!!!

Tuesday--
a very eventful day--
It was Anne's day to come--
she was 20 minutes late because of traffic back up--
they are redoing the whole length of town --a good mile and half--
new side walks--street lights, and a new road--
Let's just say--right now --it's one big mess--
but someday--it will be nice and look neat!!!! hopefully--
We visited a bit and then decided to walk to Jerlando's for lunch--
cause after next week when all the schools get out--
it will be very busy in there even at lunch time--
on the way there--we had to get around some sidewalk workers--
and I wanted to stop at the yarn shop for a different pair of needles--
we finally get there and 'guess what'--they were closed--
the gal who was suppose to be there--car broke down--
so --ok we will cross the street and go to lunch--
in crossing the street though--
Anne fell--in the street--over a water pipe that they dug up and then left--
sticking part way out of ground and had not filled in around it--
but a car that had pulled up to the light--the passenger --a lady--
jumped out and helped me help Anne to her feet--
she said she was ok--so we kept on walking--
she did have a couple scraps that were bleeding--but not badly--
we went and had a nice lunch --but we did walk back here a different way!!!
and this was her show and tell this week--
Remember all those basket blocks I did 2 years ago!!!

Wednesday--
Inchy--is
a baby   Alpaca--
one of the bus drivers that takes me to Walmart 3 x a week to walk--
raises Alpaca's--and I always ask him about them--
so when I got on the bus on Wednesday--
he showed me a photo of a new baby on his cell phone!!!
cute--reddish brown one--I want a baby Alpaca!!!

Today has been rainy and cloudy and damp all day--
so even though it is Thursday and I wanted to get back to the yarn shop--
it will be tomorrow before I can do that--
here is a picture of a wet blue jay from the other day when it rained--
I wanted to take a towel out for him to dry off with!!!!

KEEP SOME LOVE IN YOUR HEART--
LUV, DI


5 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

poor mr grumpy jay

Carol said...

Wow, you got a lot accomplished since your last post, Di! Sorry about all the frogging!!! I hate doing that.

I'm glad Anne is all right. That sounds like a scary accident. I'm glad you had help getting her back up.

Sorry about the restaurant being closed. What a shame. But you got lunch out anyway.

We finally have some sun for a couple of days before the rain comes back. ~sigh~ I'm tired of gloomy days.

Karen said...

I saw the word "frog" and immediately thought of frog legs. I like to eat fried frog legs. Now I want some.

sunny said...

Sorry to hear about all the frogging! On the bright side, your supplies will last a lot longer if you have to do everything twice. LOL! We're going to have to try to get back up there again next year. We missed last year because of a wedding, and this year because of our road trip out west. Be safe out there!

Deb A said...

I thought I had left a comment before but I guess I was on the other computer and didn't. I hope Anne is ok after her fall. Very scary! Bummer on the restaurant being closed. Frogging is never fun....but now it is all done and you can start fresh. Hope you are having a good Sunday.