document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, October 24, 2019

CLEAR BLUE SKIES

As I start this post--
I looked out the window to clear blue skies--
I love that and that bright sunshine !!

Oct 19th Saturday--
my Inchy was --
for that new sewing machine that got set up--


I forgot to tell you something--
remember I started the last post off with--
This counted cross stitching piece--
I at first wasn't sure I wanted to do this one--
I mean my 'school' years are soooo long ago--
but then I thought about those years and realized that from grades 1-5th--
I went to a one room school house--the last one to close in the state of NY!!!
so decided this was ok to stitch--
I did not get it finished until I had moved in here and unpacked--
and as I finished this one--I realized something else--
this move was like going 'back to school'--there was alot of different things here
and a whole new way of doing things--so--I did go school after all in Sept!!!

Oct 20th--Sunday--
I got 'brave' and decided right after lunch to actually walk overtown--
When I got to the corner of this block
I was surprised to see one of my lunch friends at that corner, coming from along
the side street--
I had went out the front door--
she and her little dog had went out the back door-
and we met right at the corner--it really was funny!!
so we all crossed the street and went to the thrift store another block down
the street--
and I bought 3 treasures--
cost me $6-- but I love each one of these!!

Oct 21 Monday--
Had to do some thinking for this one--
but realized I was grateful for--
you really can't live in Florida with it--
and in this apt the ac is much better than where I was before--

Oct 22 Tuesday--
again a really hard day to decide what to put on an Inchy--
But I did start a new devotional book--
Called--The Quilts of Life--
and as all our lives are really a book--

Oct 23 Wednesday--
I go outside nearly ever single day--
and I love taking time to notice all the flowers--
and this one so big--and bright--
that it stayed with me--(the memory of it that is!)
here is a couple more I have taken photos of--

how do you like this bright red/orange bush???

I also got another basket block done--
we are getting closer to the end of these--just 3 more blocks to embroider--
out of the 20--!!

Well--that's all for today, folks--
oh and I did get the 2nd large block all hand quilted on the Christmas quilt--
so that is moving right along--will start on a 3rd block here in a bit!!

CALL SOMEONE TODAY AND TELL THEM THAT YOU LOVE THEM--
LUV, DI

4 comments:

Carol said...

Di, you are definitely here on earth for inspiring other people. I admire you so much for that. Thank you! I think that yellow flower is a hibiscus. So pretty!

HUGS!

Maria said...

You always find something to sew onto your inchies Di.. how many more do you need to do?
Nice treasures you found in the thrift shop.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

ooh you got your sewing machine set up :) yay! Love your thrift shop treasures - next time I want to come with you :) xx

Kate said...

It's always fun to see what you put on your hexies. So glad that Florida round two is going well. Did you watch the race yesterday. Bummed about Chase, but happy for Truex.