document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, October 19, 2019

First--Another


finish--
Finally got Sept's Word play finished--
and yes, mine is a bit different-
the pattern had 3 boys and one girl--I evened it out a bit--
with 2 girls and 2 boys--and of course my own colors--
and--
I got a start on Nov's word play--
I have 2 words in now --after this mornings stitching time--
I really jumped out of my 'comforts zone' with this purple cloth!!!

And remember we finished last post of me showing you where I planned
to set up the new sewing machine--
and this is how that table looked--
it did get to this stage later that day--
but it was too late to set it up--
and of course--when there is a empty surface--
it somehow collects more stuff--
but this morning it got cleared off again--
and now look at it--
my new machine is all unboxed and set up--
and even threaded--
so I just had to keep going and do a trial run--
my first machine sewing in well over a year!!!!
I do still need better lighting at this table--
that lamp even has a 3-way blub in it--but still kinda dark--
but then it was dark and rainy outside--so maybe--
and look what else came with this machine--
besides the long tray--and several attachments including a quilting foot and
walking foot--
a really nice machine cover!!
All this for just $100--!!!!

Inchy's-
Oct 16th Wed--
my inchy was for what has been missing here all day--
Sunshine--
I go outside each day to get me some, too!!!

Oct17th Thursday--
I finally started this--
Hand quilting on the Chmas quilt--
and I so miss hand quilting--it is a big love in my life for some reason--
I got one large block done by working on it Thurs and Fri afternoons--
( I got that stocking block done--next one I will do it the one above it--
hopefully later today I will start on it--!!)
I did look it up I have not done any hand quilting since April of 2018!!
And I have not machine sewed since probably sometime in July of 2018!!

Oct 18th Friday--
for some reason I did have a hard time figuring out what to
stitch on Friday's inchy--back to a lot of more normal days--
so have to really use the "brain" now--
But now it is all about Lunch time and having 3 other friends to have lunch with--
plus I see and talk to alot of others in the dinning room--so now instead of working
on the computer while I eat lunch--I talk and I listen to others!!
and look at what we had for desert one day-
these were called 'graveyard brownies'!!
and the main menu we had Monster Burgers--they were cute too--
they used green olives on toothpicks for the eyes on our buns to the burgers--
funny!!

I also got the finishing stitching done on these baby sweaters--
all they need now are the buttons--the 2 little purple ones are twin premies!!

Another order came in--
Well--that catches me up for now--
and it is finally clearing off and I see some sun--
so I gotta grab some handwork or knitting and head outside for awhile!!

DON'T FORGET TO SAY A SPECIAL 'LOVE YOU' TO SOMEONE TODAY--
LUV, DI


6 comments:

Maria said...

You have been busy cross stitching, hand quilting and sewing together the sweet cardigans.
How good to have your new sewing machine up and also doing some sewing..
Great inchies again.
Lovely to have lunch with your friends and not alone. Do all your meals cooked for you ?

Kate said...

Yeah for the new sewing machine! You've stayed really busy with the hand stitching. Looking forward to checking out what you've got planned for it.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

But its HAM

Linda in Calif. said...

It sounds like you have a much richer and better life there in Florida. That sunshine is a wonderful thing! So glad you get to enjoy it. I love the little sweaters, they are so adorable.

Raewyn said...

It's good to read through your posts and see how you are settling into your new home. So cool to see you hand quilting and machine sewing again!!! Sweet knits. Your cross stitching is gorgeous and it's interesting following your inchy journey. Hugsxx

Deb A said...

So happy you are settling in with sewing and making new friends. Found any that stitch...or are willing to be converted to stitch? I see an after lunch gathering group maybe in your future!