document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 11, 2020

I AM SEEING GREEN

I am able to join in this year with Angies' color of the month--
though I am breaking a rule here--
this is suppose to be for scraps each month--
I do not have any scraps with all the moves--
so I am having to buy fabric to make the 'scrappy blocks'!!!
Here is the greens that came in the mail this week-
I did not use the two top ones--will add those to the dark green month--
and I did find  a couple other greens in my fabric tote box--
and so far I have 3 of these blocks--
I am going to make 9 patches for now with black centers each month with the color of the month--
and next Saturday will do a different design with greens--

and here is the other fabrics that came in my order--
these 2 yellows are also for another color of the month club--
and January's color is yellow--these are all cut now for that block--
and waiting by the machine for --you know who--so sew them into the block--
these I got--just because!!!
another yellow and you know I had to get some of this little 'birdy' fabric!!!!
a couple white on whites though the one is more lt beige with white--!!!
and I got a free fat quarter in the order--
this is a black background!!
the order was from Zook's and much to my delight--
I could order 1/4  yards--!!! :)

I got 2 projects done this afternoon--
got another floor lamp unboxed and put together--
and just as I finished that there was a knock on the door
from another tenant to help me put the steel shelving together
that I ordered for storage in my closet--
so now I have a big job ahead of me --maybe tomorrow--
taking everything out of the closet and putting the shelving in --
and organizing it all back in the closet--
then my sewing machine will be 'smoking' cause I will be able to find what I need to do projects!!!
well--any ways that is the plan!!

Have an awesome day filled with love--
luv, di

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You got some fun new fabric to play with, and I like your idea for the 9 patches! The yellow bird fabric is adorable, too. Have fun with your new goodies!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the fabric, especially the birds! Good luck getting that machine smoking!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Pretty fabric. Love the greens :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! Have fun "breaking the rules" of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love all your new fabrics. I'm wondering who you order from. And yes, you are going to love having everything organized. It's worth the effort. Good luck getting it done.

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous new fabrics - nice to see your stash growing again. hehe hope you got that machine really smokin'!

Kate said...

You got some fun fabrics to play with. The birdies are pretty cute. Hope you've been able to stitch a lot this week.

sunny said...

What pretty fabrics!! I didn't do RSC last year, but my scrap bins are overflowing, so I better do it this year! Enjoy your organizing. It always feels so good to do that.