document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, January 2, 2020

WHAT I DID ON--

New's Year Day--
I think it was on here a couple years ago--
when I read that you should work --even for a little while--
on the projects and things you want to do during the next year--
on New Years Day--
so --
once again I did just that--
here goes--

1. Counted Cross Stitching
I enjoy doing alittle bit of cross stitching each morning after breakfast--
I got this little kit with a Cross stitch magazine for a Christmas gift--

2. Embroidery--
I have always enjoyed embroidery (remember all the baskets of flowers I finished
stitching last year??) and again this is a small kit I got as a Christmas gift--

3.Applique-
I have not done any applique in awhile and have missed it--
so looked though the patterns and decided on this purple butterfly for my new
bathroom--

4. Hand quilting--
I love hand quilting--and I have wanted to do this tea pot quilt since the day
I got the top done--Last year--nope--2018--it was!!!  started on the black teapot--

5.  Hand piecing--
I have always enjoyed hand piecing but had not done any in a long time--
til this project was a bom last year--got the blocks done
 and then started putting them together--
so this is also going to be my--
for January--to finish the top--and get it ready for hand quilting!!

6. Sew on the machine-
Love my new sewing machine--so hope to make some new quilts--
and to put together some of the 'block sets' I have waiting 'patiently' for me in the tote!!

7. Knitting
I discovered a pattern for these 'someday' cute snowmen--
so have been busy knitting up these 'bodies' for next Christmas for gifts--
found I can get '12' from one skein of my cotton baby yarn--

8. Reading--
I have actually read 9 books since I got in this apartment--
and this one will be 10 by the days end!!

9. Photography
the view from my window--
I have not done well with taking photos since the move--
so need to get back to doing it more often--

10.  Computer-
        Of course I am on here daily--reading--

but I need to work on doing more posts--
and without the 'Inchy" project--
I will have to think of more to post about

11. Friends and Family--


I did talk to a couple friends yesterday and to my son--

and I did not get to do 12
it was baking and I had planned to bake corn bread for dinner with my son--
but it seems that after years of no colds or the flu--
it has got me--so we had to cancel dinner--
and I am now waiting on a delivery of meds--which I am not happy about--
but one has to do what one has to do--as the doctor told me--
so I will be a good girl and go for it--!!!

Ok--need to get back to taking down the Christmas tree and packing things
away--as lots of projects are calling my name---

STAY WELL EVERYONE-- this 'flu' is not fun at all--
luv, di
     

5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hope you feel better soon "Di"! Have a few other friends that came down with the flu also! Take care!!
Carolyn

Carol said...

(((Di))) So sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope it goes away soon, and I forgot to mention yesterday about how sorry I am you missed dinner with your son. Especially since it was a holiday dinner!

I love all your projects! I wish I had more time and could spend more time sewing. Oh well.

HUGS!!!

Kate said...

That's a pretty ambitious list for the first day of 2020. Those knitted snow guys are really cute. Hope you are starting to feel better. I'm still recovering from the respiratory crude I caught right before Christmas. It's no fun to not feel well. Have a great weekend.

Danny Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sunny said...

I know this is an older post, but I hope you're feeling better by now. DH and I were both sick for Christmas....