document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

IN THE MIDDLE

of the week--
I remembered ---
to do a post --
so here goes!!!

First up here is the fabric that I have been hoardingkeeping for a special project--


and here is a start of what I have planned--
If you look you can see '2' different color backgrounds--
some have a slight off white and some have a light pink!!
my plan was to make a full circle of these for Dresden plates--
and now I also think I had planned to do each flower in the plate--
the same--so I would have 8 plates --of just one design of flower--
4 in the off white and 4 in the pink--???
where here I have used all '4'of the flower designs--
but now I am thinking these might look nice in basket setting--
I had done these with hand piecing so far--
and I cut them out with a rotary cutter--but wonder if using scissors would be faster???

And here is a photo of the '3' butterflies
that I have gotten appliqued--
these are for my bathroom wall and I will leave them as singles
 and just make them like mini quilts--

and I got the first apron block all embroidered
(while watching the races last Sunday)
I used one of the new stitches that I have learned
 from doing the Crabapple embroidery samplers!

And talking about the Crabapple sampler--
we are nearly to the end of this one-
just 4 more days--and lots of stitching yet to finish it--
so have lots of homework today--
but will be taking a break at 3:00 pm to go to the dinning room
for an ice cream social!!!


Are you ready for Monday's new hand piecing club???
I am still trying to decide if I want to do mine in all blues
 or all purples this time?????
( last year I did each block a different color!!)

HAVE AN 'AWESOME' STITCHING  WEEK--
LUV, DI

5 comments:

Julierose said...

That is a gorgeous fabric--I can understand why you were keeping it for a special quilt...butterflies are lovely too, hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

The special fabrics make gorgeous dredan plates ....
Your butterflies will lovely in your bathroom.
Hope you enjoyed your ice cream....😋

Linda in Calif. said...

Love your little green apron, it turned out so cute. Oh Di, I don't know how you get so much done. Those Dresden plate flowers are so pretty - just beyond pretty. Good job using that fabric to it's fullest potential.

James David said...

Its amazing and perfect Outfit. I like this Blog. Thanks for sharing keep up the good work. embroidery digitizer

Kate said...

The partial Dresden Fans look beautiful. There is so much you could do with those fabrics. The butterflies are pretty too. Those will make very nice minis. Hope you get in a lot more stitching. Jimmie's on the front row for a change this afternoon. I'd like to see him win one more before he retires. Are you going to watch this afternoon?