document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 16, 2020

IT IS 'THEE' SUNDAY

that we officially start my 'sports' season--
NASCAR--
YEA!!!!

Ok--Di--let's get on with why we are doing a post today!!!

First up is my--color of month--orange work--
these 4 star blocks will join the 4 orange 9-patch blocks and the green ones
I made last month--

And for this bom--
are colors were inspired by the Indigo Bunting bird--
so you would think-- blues--
but he really is more a dark teal--
so what a job I had finding a couple fabrics that I wanted to use in this block-
I finally found 2 and here is the block--
and after all that work--
the camera will not show the actual colors--booo!!
the solid teal is darker--!!!

And here is an update on the Crapapple hill embroider along for Feb--
Today's block is the roses block-
will do that while watching the race and then work on my slow stitching
Sunday project--the apron blocks!!

and on that note--time to go racing--

GIVE SOMEONE A HUG THIS WEEK THAT MIGHT NOT GET ANY--
AND TO THAT--HERE IS A HUG FROM ME TO YOU--

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

You've been busy on some wonderful blocks & projects. Well done... so go EnJoY your cars...xox

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many pretty ORANGE scraps in your Friendship Star blocks for the RSC!!

Maria said...

Lovely Orange Friendship Star blocks..
Great progress on your other projects'
Happy NAS car watching

Linda in Calif. said...

Lovely orange blocks Di. Yes, I did watch NASCAR. So wonderful to have the season start, yet the end of the race was horrific. Praying for Newman. Good job keeping up with the Crabapple project.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks for the hug which I do love. Lovely embroidery and pretty blocks. Enjoy your NASCAR viewing. Can you stitch to it?

Kate said...

I was so disappointed the race got rained out on Sunday. Hope you got to enjoy the real deal on Monday. You've got a great start on some fun scrappy blocks. Love those teals.

Linda said...

I love your orange blocks! I'm doing those stars in one of my projects. Your Indigo Bunting block turned out really pretty. Nice embroidery!