document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

IT'S TUESDAY

for those of us who loss track of what day it is--
this is still a young week--lots more days to fill with stitching--

Here is the first 8 blocks of the new Spring Mystery Quilt-
over at buttermilkbasin.com
that I did yesterday--
and
These really did not take very long to make--
and yes--a couple times I had to unstitch a piece cause I sewed it back wards--
but isn't that we sew--so we can make mistakes and then correct them?????

And here is Miss B--
all redressed--
and I found her a friend-
Miss D
I made both of these over 40 years ago--
Miss D I gave to my Mom--when she passed I got it back in 1995--
and Miss B I had given to DD at some point years ago--
when she was packing to move to IL she gave it back to me--
I was so surprised to see that both of them had the same fabric for dresses on them!!!

This afternoon after running down to check on the mail and
 to take garbage to the trash chute on the way
and a short walk outside--
I have to work on hand piecing--
I discovered in cutting out the newest block--
that my block from last week's stitching came out way too small--
so it has been unstitched and repressed and remarked--
and now that one needs to be restitched also--

and I am thinking on the new Bonnie Hunt mystery quilt--
(which I don't think I have ever done any of her mysteries--
so now is as good time as any--right??)
these are the fabrics I am thinking of using--
some retro ones I have had for a very long time--so mainly thinking I will
do red, black and grey--with the pop of pink here and there--
and white for the back ground color--
what do you think????

YOU ARE LOVED EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO STAY AT HOME--
LUV, DI

6 comments:

ButterZ said...

Where is ABSOLUTEY..... ???????
Is that a word!!!!! Hahaha.
Memories. I have made many Miss B's in the past....

Carol said...

The fabrics you chose for your mystery project will be lovely together! Looking forward to your progress.

I'm glad the bunnies found their way back to you. I'm sorry for the reasons though! :-(

Take care and stay safe!!! Glad you have lots of projects to keep you isolated.

HUGS!

Linda in Calif. said...

Your little word search is so funny Di. LOL I really thought about doing BH new Unity Mystery, but Frolic is enough for me right now. I do love your tulip blocks. Have fun sewing everything up.

Raewyn said...

The little bunnies are too sweet, Di. And lovely qal blocks too. Hehe love the word search 'puzzle'!! The fabrics for your new adventure are gorgeous - always exciting to start a new one!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raewyn said...

Hi Di, I tried commenting here yesterday but my comments disappeared into space. Love the word search, and I wanted to say how cute the bunnies are :-)