document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, April 3, 2020

ZOOM TO FRIDAY

oh dear I was going to try to post everyday--
but somehow my week has zoomed from the last post on Tuesday--
to evening time on Friday--???

Spent Tuesday afternoon doing hand piecing--
the next block--Louise for the hand piecing quilt--
and I 'unstitched', repressed and then remarked this block--
the one on the bottom--as it had come out way too small--
so-
at the end of the day--
I had hand pieced 3 blocks!!!
===============================
Then the next day I started on these little blocks--
but then I ended up jumping down the rabbit hole!!
with making these--
this project took me 2 days to do--
as on the first day I could not get my sewing machine to attach this tiny round elastic--
and it was all I had to work with--
so I went to Plan B-which meant tacking the elastic on each piece of fabric by hand with
needle and thread--then it worked--I got these '6' done finally Thursday morning before lunch--
and I gave '4' of them to the kitchen staff here --as their paper one they had gotten at the first of the week was well worn and they did not have any more---
now they have one they can wash and wear (and today the kitchen helper who brought our lunches to our doors had her's on!!!)
I had already cut enough fabric and backing fabric for 4 more--so in the afternoon--
I just kept stitching them--so have '6' more now--
and here is the funny part--
first I had decided to start wearing a mask when I left the apartment--(until I got outside for my walk-then I take it off until I am ready to come back into the building--)
and then we got the announcement on TV that maybe we should all be wearing masts!!!!!
So I am ready!!!
===================================
so then this morning I got back to work on the yellow flower blocks for the Buttermilk Basin mystery project--got them done by lunch or nearly--and while on here at lunch time--
I printed off the next block pattern--
so by 3:00pm I also had these blocks done--
they look so funny and mis-shaped--but will look fine once they are stitched into the quilt!!!!!
Easter eggs--so --so far for this mystery quilt we have--
eggs, baskets, tulips, and daffodils!!
wonder if we will be doing bunny's and chicks????
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I want to finish the hand quilting on this quilt--
And here is where I am on this Bunny project-that I am designing--
but now I am kinda stuck on where to go with it/how to finish it--
so my goal is to finish this by the end of April--
so I have '2' goals again this month!

My DD doesn't think I should leave the apartment--
but then I want to know who is going to take the garbage down the hall to the garbage shoot,
who is gonna get my mail  and who is going to do the laundry??? 
maybe the toothe fairy isn't too busy these days!!!!!
I am trying to go out only every other day--
but I miss walking each day--oh well--I guess I will just have to sew more instead!!!

THINK OF NEW WAYS TO TELL LOVE ONES THAT YOU LOVE THEM--
LUV, DI




5 comments:

Maria said...

You sure have keep very busy with all your lovely sewing...
I only go out once a week to shop but then my washing machine is in the house and I go for walks around our 5 acres..
Stay safe and well.

Carol said...

Thank goodness you have your sewing and your blog to keep you going Di! My goodness, you sure do a LOT of projects! Make me feel like a slug! lol BUT, they are beautiful pieces you're doing. I love that bunny you are making. :-)

How thoughtful to make the kitchen staff masks! They are so pretty! HUGS!!!

Karen said...

The bunny is oh so sweet. I am working on a bunny piece that I started yesterday.

Raewyn said...

The bunny is so cute with his floppy ear...! And great mask making - we haven't been asked to make them yet. I agree with your daughter - do be careful when you're out and about - don't touch anything and Wash Your Hands!! Good Luck with your goals - whoops I'd better decide on mine for the month! I've managed to blog every day so far during our lockdown but I sometimes get to the end of the day and realise I still haven't done it!

Patty said...

Very pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.