document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

FORGOT A STEP

As you know I am working on the new Bonnie Mystery quilt--
and I showed you the center block in the last post--
Monday the next round came out-
and yesterday I got to reading the steps--
and could not find where 'to do that first small border' that goes around
the center block-
looked and looked the new instructions over and over--
finally--a little voice said--
check the first set of patterns-
and yep--it was there--
somehow I didn't realize it I had more sewing to do on the day I did the center piece--
so that got done--
and I now I am ready for Part 2--

Now--yesterday morning went fine--
got some more masks made--
and I took some photos with my small camera--
but for whatever reason--
I can not download them to the computer--
silly computer--or photo site!!!
so as I had already handed most of the new ones out--
I took a photo of some of the fabrics I used on them--
I also used shoe laces for ties on this batch--
SOMETIMES--things do work out--
first is the fabric for the backing on all my masks--
it was a piece of 100% cotton I had gotten at Joann's the last time I was there--
but when I got it home and went to use it--I realized it was 'stiffer' than what all the rest of my
fabrics where so set it aside wondering what I would ever use it on-
it was perfect for the back of the masks--
Shoelaces--I happened to pick up a big package at the Dollar store a couple trips ago for a project--there was white and black ones in the package--but that project did not work out--along comes the masks--and they are perfect for the ties--
so sometimes things work out in odd ways!!!

Ok back to yesterday's challenges--
remember first was the photo download challenge--
later in the day after getting the mail and finding a surprise check in the mail--
I went to deposit it with using my cell phone--
well--the bank apt kept saying--I needed to update the apt--
but--
it would not update for me--
so finally I got very very brave and decided to try--
Uninstalling the apt--
then I re-installed the apt--and--
it worked!!!!

Then I cut out the next pieces for the Penelope block for the hand piecing--
and later--I started stitching the pieces together--
only to discover--that somehow--someway--I had cut '4' of the pieces wrong direction--
and I had done it on both blocks--so that was '8' pieces I had to re-do!!!

But you know--none of this got me down--
cause I am just so grateful each day-
for this computer, friends, sunshine and still have food to eat and fabrics to sew--
(even if at this point I have too many projects going!!!:-)

SO--take care--remember the 6 foot rule and wear a mask!!!

HERE IS SOME EXTRA LOVE TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU--
LUV, DI

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Sometimes those things just work out.... fabric and shoelaces were perfect for your masks. Glad you figured out the step issue. Hopefully the surprise check was from someone you know... There are some scams with that in the mail.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just carried my lap top into the other room to show that dog funny to my hubby! We both got the biggest laugh! He loves computer funnies! That's his LIFE! lol Love seeing more of your quilt and how great to make the masks. I made a couple yesterday and now I'm finally getting the hang of it. Take care and stay safe! Hugs from close by!

Linda in Calif. said...

Well, that certainly worked out good for you with the shoelaces - and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I like banking that way. I've been thinking about you, hoping that you are doing well. So coming here and seeing your post makes me feel better. Dogs have it so much easier nowadays with just little delete button. Hahaha cute little cartoon.

Carol said...

Someone "upstairs" is watching out for you, Di. So glad all your little mishaps turned out well in the end! We are all fine despite my "anxiety" issues every time I step outside. I'm going to be brave (as you say) and try my hand at making me a mask. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it when I go to the grocery store next time. That and gloves. Hopefully this will calm down soon. HUGS!!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thank you for the laugh, those dogs are priceless. I know the people receiving your masks are grateful for all your hard work.