document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 10, 2020

OH DEAR--IT'S SUNDAY

Where oh where did this past week go????
I bet if I know Di she was partyin' all week for
her birthday--
but that's not really an excuse--
Di for not
posting all week!!!!

But first let me say this--
to each and everyone of you--
and here is a hug for each of you--




I have been good and have done some stitching--
I am all caught up on the daily blue hearts--
Here is the first '7' and there is '2' more appliqued,
but not pressed yet--so that puts me up today!!!
and I have 2 other sewing projects nearing finishes!!

I had a nice birthday on Wed--
some packages had come in and cards
and like Christmas--I was good and waited to open them on the big day-
(course it all had so to go in 'time out' anyways for a couple days!!)
On Wednesday the actual day--
my friend Carolyn picked me up about 11 am and off we went--
first to Publix to pick up a prescription and a few things in the grocery part--
and I scored a 12 pk of toilet paper---first time I could find any since March 7th!!
was getting really low too--so that was a nice find and I wanted more kleenx-
they finally had some--the Scotties I like--well--they would only let me buy one box--
(they were the small pop up size--so I felt I should of been able to buy '2' and they had
them priced 2 for $3 soooo?????)
and then a quick stop at the Dollar Tree for some Get well cards for my friend Frannie--
then we took a nice drive up to Suntree--area
I needed more quilting thread in white and there is one shop there that carries my brand--
so I got 2 spools this time--
and look what else 'followed' me out of the store--
oh my be still my heart--
are these birds with flowers on their heads just the 'bee's knee' !!!
and--
this nice collection--at the time I was thinking what project I would use these on--
but since coming home-
have changed my mind--so they are up for me to adopt them for another project!!
At the quilt shop they were only letting in 3 customers at a time--
and you had to wear a mask and you had to use hand sanitizer at the door--
before they would let you come all the way in and shop--
I was lucky in my timing getting there--
as there was a long line by the time I came out--
clerk said it has been really super busy all week-
Fl just opened up retail shops on this past Monday--
but we can't get hair cuts yet--but soon they say!!

And because of a generous birthday gift--
I was able to do quite a bit of shopping on line--for
fabric and sewing supplies the rest of the week--
when I could find a company that didn't have a big long wait--
though I did have to do a couple orders from them --
and everyone is out of Black Kona--finally found a company with white Kona--
just like my mettler thread--I love Kona solid fabrics--they are a bit thicker and they
don't ravel as much as some of the other lines in solid colors I have tried to use!!!

So -- where is everyone else up to??
Need a new sew along-
well--I just joined a new one that starts tomorrow--
from-jacquelynnesteves.com
and it is called "silver lining"
some blocks will be stitched and some will be embroidery (which is optional)
so it sounds like a fun project--
only the fabric line I want to do mine in--
may be a month before it gets here--
so I will be behind, before I can even start!!!

SENDING LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL TODAY--
FROM--DI

AND HERE IS ANOTHER SWEET HUG FROM ME TO YOU!!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh I can breathe again...you're OK!!! I was getting very worried.

Glad your birthday was an enjoyable time for you! I love that fabric that "followed you home!"!

Stay safe!!! HUGS!

Deb A said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like the big score was tp for the win =) Pretty blue hearts you are working on. I should be able to catch up this week... I hope.

sunny said...

Glad you had a happy birthday! My card should arrive any day now. :-( Love your blue hearts!!!! NOw I think I need to start some of my own. Fabric stores in PA were deemed essential a couple of weeks ago, so I could finally buy some backing fabric. Other than that, I'm using up what I have, and enjoying every minute of it. Stay safe!!