document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

OK I DID IT--

When I showed the hearts that I did a couple years ago--
and now plan to finish and put them into a flimsy--
I had forgotten the 'why' of them--
Then a couple others in their post reminded me--
it was a May challenge to stitch a heart for each day during the month of May--
and a couple or more of them were thinking about doing it again--
welll--
this train can't leave the station without me on board--
so here is the heart I designed for this year's May challenge--
I made a slimmer heart this time--as I am using 5" charm squares for these--
and by making them 'slimmer' I can still have about 1 1/2" wide strip of left
from each charm square--either for another project--
or maybe for in the borders on this one--
I did cut 5 1/2" squares in white to stitch the hearts to--
so let see--
today is the 5th--so I am 5 behind and 2 are all done--
so I just have 3 to go to be caught up!!!  That's doable!!!
then it will be one a day for the rest of the month--
So who else is going to join me--?????
doesn't have to be hearts--can be circle's, or little baskets or whatever--!!!

I got my 'winnings' in the mail yesterday too--
a really pretty charm pack from fortworthfabricstudio.com--
Thank you Fort Worth--
I also got an order I ordered just a few days ago--
and all that fabric is really nice too-
was going to do another order there today as I need thread-
for my had quilting projects--I have only used Mettler thread for that--
so wanted white in that and wanted to try a spool of the Artifil in the 80 wt--
for hand piecing and such--but they don't carry either one--
the other company I found them both at--
it won't get here for a month--will need it before that--hopefully--
so still searching!!

And I think the world was trying to 'stink' me out today--
this was going on outside my window--
they are spray painting the end of the building--
and I wouldn't want to be the guy in that 'bucket' up there--
cause this guy was--
sweeping up dust in the parking lot to clean it--
so these guys can come along and
put down black smelly paving stuff!!!
PLUS--
the lady moved out that lived right across the hall way from me--
and today they were there putting down new flooring--
with very smelly glue--
so I might not know my own name by tomorrow!!!
Cause you know how sick I can get from all these chemical fumes--

I JUST WANT TO SEND YOU ALL SOME LOVE TODAY--
AND MAYBE A BIT OF LAUGHTER--
LUV, DI


5 comments:

Deb A said...

What a fun heart shape you found! Yes, we did this in 2018. I'm a little late on the planning and decisions this year but it will be hearts in purple for me. Must go find a backing fabric and prep a few.

Maria said...

cute heart blocks ... enjoy making more..

Kate said...

Very fun hearts, love the blues! Hope you don't suffer too much from all the spiffing up chemicals. Stay well and stitch on!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

oooh, I was just thinking about my hearts the other day and wondering where I put them! You've inspired me to go hunt them up, yours look so pretty! Hope you had a lovely birthday xx

sunny said...

I made a basketk every day in April! Does that count? I needed 32 of them, and it was the beginning of the month, so I challenged myself to do one a day. As it got closer to the end of the month, I did a few extra and finished up early. Quilt to be shown sometime after I get another fabric that I need. After the stores open......