document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, May 30, 2020

OMG CHALLENGE

FOR MAY--
I set myself up for '3' goals this month--
the first one --
went from this to--
this-- a total finish--
and all hand quilted!!!

the second one--
went from this to
to a finished top
again all hand quilted--
(note I am not a brown fan--but wanted this too look like a Attic window design
but in this photo it doesn't look that way--my browns were too close in color--
but real life you can see the look of the Attic windows better--I may stitch these hats
again some day --really enjoyed doing them and now I want to redo them and put them in
colors other than the brown!!!!)

And the 3rd project --
to this--
BUT--it will not be a complete flimsy just yet--
I want to make a lattice border between the main top piece and the checkerboard
border before sewing that on--but did not have enough of the the solid pink that is
used in the points to do that--
it is on order though--hopefully--I ordered several shades of pink solids in hoping one
will match--whenever it gets here--
But I did get the hearts in to a main piece flimsy--so that is good--right???

I spent all morning in my sewing closet organizing my fabrics--
I had went to the Dollar Tree on Thursday for smaller container units-
so now I can just go to the shelves and pull out the 'pink' fabrics--
or the green ones-instead of one large heavy tote!!!

LUV, DI

7 comments:

Deb A said...

You did a great job on your goals this month! I have yet to start mine.... and not sure I will this weekend either. There is always next month! So happy to see those hearts get into an almost top.... planning the layout is the hardest part, right =).

Karen said...

The blue fabric sets off your stitched blocks very well. Adds life to the piece.

Cheryll said...

Love your framed embroideries...nice job.
And your "hearts" are looking good too...xox

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those are nice thoughts at the end with the cute owls! I hope you've had a good day. You make some of the most beautiful quilts. I like the colors that I always call shabby chic...pretty pinks and pastels. Enjoy your evening! Hugs! PS Did you see the launch today? It was too cloudy to see it from here.

Maria said...

both completed projects are lovely and you've made good progress with the third...

Patty said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress with your May OMG. My favorite is your pink hearts project, but the other two are really pretty too.