document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

WHAT DAY IS THIS???

Cause I thought yesterday was Wednesday--
so--then what is today????
here's a funny story though--
I ran into a neighbor at a little cafe down the street this morning--
and we were discussing 'what' day it is--today??
and then I said to him--
Seniors had a problem--well--at right--
'I' had a problem with knowing what day it is--
way before everyone else 'caught up' to me in this "pandemic" thing!!
now I just have lots of company!!!

Ok--Di time to talk quilts and what I have been up to--
sewing--believe it or not--
got my Emma blocks done in the hand piecing adventure--
here she is all decked out for Christmas--
and--
here she is all decked out in Aqua's and pinks--
now Emma went together very calmly and was a pleasure to work on--
(even though I think the 'stitcher' did do a section or two backwards!!)

and here is Claire--
in her Christmas outfit--
and she was naughty--
and gave me 'fits' for some reason--
am still not happy with her--
here she is--
in her Aqua outfit--
and yes these petals go in a different direction-
they just seemed to want to go this way and as this is 'more' of a flower quilt--
I decided it looked better as it looks like a flower-
(ok--use your imagination--!!)
I guess you could say that Claire and I had personal conficts--!!!
We have just one more block to do in this series--
next week is Elizabeth--

and more blue hearts where appliqued--
so far have gotten one a day done!!
they really help me 'relax' late afternoons when I am 'shifting' gears!!!

And here is a block for--


this month the color was green-
I enjoyed doing this block--went together rather easily--

And what where these from--
remember these blocks--
the pink hearts we did in the month of May 2 years ago--
it is all those corners cut off--
and now all these blocks are sewed together--
and now I see I need more of that shade of solid pink for the first lattice border--
and I don't have any--
so I did what every good quilter does--
went online yesterday afternoon to a site that carries Kona solids and ordered me
several pieces of pinks--as I have no idea which one this one is--
I almost did it last week--but told myself NO--I could find something else--
it didn't work--my heart is set on this pink--
I do have a checkerboard boarder planned for a row outside the lattice border--
so am working on that now--
but it is unlikely this one will be a finished top by May 31st--my goal!!

I am working on another hand quilted project--
and am back embroidering on the aprons during the races
as they are back on--with no fans in the stands and they can't even
have their family on track or in their motor coaches--
there was a race on Sunday and supposedly a race tonight--
weather permitting--

This next part was hard for me to write--
but I felt in my heart I needed to write it--
so read it --knowing I love you all and worry about all of you-

The weather has gotten more humid here in Florida now-
and yes-wearing masks are hot hot, sweating uncomfortable-- here--but--
I will still wear it--
and as a side note here--
don't tell me in your blog post  you went out shopping to 6-7 stores and
that you went out and did not wear a mask-cause you live in north Fl and it's hot---
as I now no longer read your site--and have deleted it from my list--
What if you are a carrier of it--I sure don't want to get it from you--
just because your excuse is--it's too hot to wear them--
we wear them to not to just protect ourselves from getting it--
but so if we are coming down with it--or maybe have it and don't show signs of it--
we don't give it to others--
this is not a time to think of our 'comfort' only--
it's still a time to think of the other person first--
so PLEASE-continue to wear a mask, wash hands--social distance --
life it not back to normal--and it won't be for a while yet--
we can get through this and keep those deaths down--
if we all do our part!

WITH LOVE AND PRAYERS THAT YOU ALL WELL BE SAFE
AND WILL KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT--
LUV, DI

For all of you out there who have new puppies!!!

PS--the site was on my Workbasket list and was more of a decorator site--
I did enjoy her posts--but--???

12 comments:

Cheryll said...

You've been busy on some lovely projects... & YES I'm like you the days of the week are jumbling together... stay safe...xox

julieQ said...

Thank you so much for saying all that about the masks...it is tough at the hospital, taking care of the covid patients and risking my life, because some of them sure risk mine and my families lives. with their behaviors!

Linda in Calif. said...

Thanks Di for the friendly reminder - and you too JulieQ. We are still in lock down and yes, I still wear my mask when out. Lovely blocks and lovely work. Claire is so pretty - so worth the struggle.

Julierose said...

Thanks so much for writing about mask wearing--we cannot even go for walks in our local park areas as GROUPS-- not social distancing and NOt wearing masks-- will not even walk 6 ft away from us...very worrying..
S I G H
I really like your little heart blocks so pretty
~ ~ ~ waving from afar julierose

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's crazy the way "smart" people act sometimes - unfortuntely wearing a mask is part of the syndrome isn't it?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing what you are making my friend. And I'm glad you spoke out. I'm trying my best to be tolerant of others but it sure is hard to see so many not taking the precautions that are NEEDED!!! Hugs to you!

Maria said...

Lots of beautiful blocks you've been working on..
It is hard to keep track of our days.. Pleased I have my sewing to keep me busy.
Stay safe and well.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi Di. The pink heart top is really pretty, look forward to seeing it with the lattice - hope you get the right pink.
Thankfully, we are allowed more freedom as the virus hasn’t hit us as bad. We don’t need masks, but I sure keep a distance from others, wash hands etc. We still get the ones that don’t take even that much care. Stay safe and well. Big hugs to you.

Sam I Am...... said...

You are so productive! I love all your pretty blocks. Maybe I'd get more done if I would stick to one hobby instead of a zillion! LOL!
I agree with you wholeheartedly on the mask issue and being considerate of others. It seems there are a lot of self-centered people out there or just ignorant. I love my postman, he is so nice and dresses up like Santa for Christmas deliveries but they don't seem to "get it"....some do; like my pharmacy and Walmart are very careful. You are right....don't open my door! I just thought he was gone already. From now on I will check by looking out the window first! Live and learn! Stay safe and well and quilt on! I love the little hearts too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing all your pretty blocks! My Claire block isn't the best-looking of the bunch, but she will have to do! I'm getting very used to wearing a mask when away from home - it will probably feel strange if there comes a time when they are no longer needed.

Carol said...

I join the other ladies in loving all your handiwork. You have a good eye for how the pieces should look. Trust your instincts. :-)

I agree with you, there are a lot of people out there who just don't think or even care. Masks are an important part of our life. Very important to get the numbers down and masks/gloves are a prime way to do that. Continue to stay safe, Di! HUGS!!!!

Deb A said...

You did a great job with both curved blocks. My Claire gave me fits as well but she is done! The hearts are looking great as well... both sets. I had to check and make sure it was not me you deleted! I never see anyone on my early morning walk in my neighborhood when I go.... so don't tend to wear a mask but if I see anyone coming I take a different route to avoid getting close as do they. I do wear masks in a store - like Lowes on Sunday where the majority were wearing masks. So happy to get in the car and take it off though! Stay safe and cool.